Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so here is the deal. I went into my garage this morning to go for a ride. I put the key in and turned it on. When I did this nothing came on. The guages didnt light up with the speedo or anything. I was really mad so it put it back in the garage and thought about it for a little while. I checked the fuses on the left side and nothing was burnt out. I got out the volt meter and the battery has a full charge. Im not really sure what it could be. Are there any other fuses on the bike that I dont know about? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. And it is a 2006 gsxr 1000.

Thanks,
steve

·
Registered
317 Posts
Ace1810 said:
Ok so here is the deal. I went into my garage this morning to go for a ride. I put the key in and turned it on. When I did this nothing came on. The guages didnt light up with the speedo or anything. I was really mad so it put it back in the garage and thought about it for a little while. I checked the fuses on the left side and nothing was burnt out. I got out the volt meter and the battery has a full charge. Im not really sure what it could be. Are there any other fuses on the bike that I dont know about? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. And it is a 2006 gsxr 1000.

Thanks,
steve
Hey Steve, maybe check that the + lead to the solenoid has a good connection, similarly check that the - lead has a good connection to the chassis. No power sounds strange. there is a main fuse under the seat as well. With your red "R" you have access to the service manual part of the site, have a look there too

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool guys thanks. I check it today and see if that works. I also noticed when I went back in the garage last night to see if it would magically work again, the back light on the guage was on but barely. When i would try to start it the light would get brighter but thats it. Let me check those other things though. Thanks for helping.

steve

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had a similar problem with a K5 last week. Check the fuses and fuseholder for corrosion. Even if the fuses were OK, they were green with corrosion and had to be replaced. I also checked the contacts under the airfilter-box and behind the left side-panel, but they were fine. (They caused lots of problems on the 98/99 750R's.) On the K5, the fuel-pump didn't start and we got "CHECK" in the display. I guess it depends on what climate you are riding in.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ace1810 said:
Cool guys thanks. I check it today and see if that works. I also noticed when I went back in the garage last night to see if it would magically work again, the back light on the guage was on but barely. When i would try to start it the light would get brighter but thats it. Let me check those other things though. Thanks for helping.

steve
That sound like a battery issue to me.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok so I checked all of the fueses including the main fuse and there was no corrosion. I also checked the ecu for voltage and it was ok. I think its a battery issue also but the battery's voltage is fine and the connections on the battery are good. I dont know what the heck is going on. Nothing turns on except for a little bit of the front light (like the battery is going to die) and a really dim back light on the guage.

Thanks everyone for helping,
steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.