Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
almost done... but, i'm over the top of the hill and working my way down again. Just putting things on and back together. I took a shitty abused 2001 gsxr 600...

and upgraded it to a 2003 gsxr 1000 motorwith some other stuff and i'm almost ready to test ride it.

I know some people have done the 600-1k swap using an 01 or 02 gsxr 1000 engine. but I wanted to go a step further and use a k3-k4 engine. I hope it pays off.
I had to change out almost everything. I stripped the bike down to this...

then put in the motor, and with it I had to put in a new ignition, left and right controls, and a new fuel pump.

I also tackled the plastics. stripped them all down, sanded them, the primered, painted, and clearcoated them. they turned out nice but I had problems with the clearcoat as well as dust and dirt since I did all this in my garage.

the original gas cap was replaced with a vortex one because the original was messed up. I think it looks nice.

anyways, i'm ALMOST DONE. I have everything I need. just gotta wait to mount the tires since I painted my rims flat black instead of keeping the white. I also have some custom decals to go on the bike.

plus I added an idealcycles undertail. good stuff.

it's been months of work work work. from when I get up to when I go to bed. it will feel good to have built a bike up from a frame. I wouldn't do it again though. too much work.

hope you all like it. I'll post up more pics when i'm done.

changed the brake fluid too... it was dirty as you can see in that frame pic. now it's as clear as water

·
Registered
26,441 Posts
Congrats bro get those pics up when your done. You did a lot of work to her. I think she will look good.

I'm like you rebuilding my bke again too, I have most of the parts now time for paint and putting the parts back on with some new ones too.

I hope to have her back up again soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts