Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,804 Posts

nice bike jeff
i like the clean lines,very understated rather than the i'll stick everything i can find on it

·
Registered
658 Posts
Tight looking ride. Did you just have the bike painted, the tail doesn't look stock.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Looks good Jeff, its the first time I have seen your blue can ( I got the old rs3 system from you ) Let me know if you figure something out with the graphics on the tail, mine is also plain white right now.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What's up Highsider?? Hope that Yosh system is still sounding sweet! I'll hit you up if I come across anything on those tail graphics. I have no plans to pay for OE stuff from Suzuki.

slickstergsxr: The entire bike, minus the upper has been repainted. The original owner in all of his 1500 miles on it, dragged the right lower against a curb trying to make a corner (no business being on a bike). This left some superficial scratches on the very bottom of the right lower and the belly pan.

I had a hookup at a custom paint shop, so it was far cheaper for me to have it painted than replaced. Plus, I originally had it in mind to style it after Mladin's old SRAD model superbike. Consequently, I had them paint my black tail white, and the lowers and belly pan were painted a solid blue without the lighter shade of blue on the bottom that is stock on the 2000's. All of the white on the lowers is paint as well.

Once I had the paint done, I kind of liked it plain looking so I've just left it as is...been about 2 years now almost.

[ 01-15-2003, 11:32 AM: Message edited by: jeff56 ]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts