Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my bike. '90 Gix 750....

Note the ghetto rigged motorcycle stand, and beer bottles in the background. Forks pulled off, swapping seals on em.

This boys and girls, is what happens to your rear brake rotor when you dont bother to ever change your brake pads. You probably cant see it in the pic, but I think the minimum thickness I recorded on this rotor was just over 2.5mm.... The rotor has been replaced with this:

Note the nice shiney new rotor. I took the time to clean up and black out my rear wheel at the same time. It looks really good if you ask me, albeit somewhat dusty from the barn my bike is kept in....It used to look somewhat like this:

This is a current picture of my front wheel. It's a damn shame that my bike was left out in the weather before I bought it, but the price was right so I'm gonna complain too bad. It'll look just like the rear one when I'm done with it, nice and new looking. The rotors are just rusty...they actually arent hardly grooved...I think I could prolly get away with just having them turned, or possibly just riding on them untill I get aftermarkets.

mmmm....beer...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The inside has had the POR15 rust treatment...it's all nice and sealed... I really ought to finish my tank and throw some primer on it. I'm thinking gloss black for the paintjob, and polish the frame up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
What did you use to paint the wheels? I bought some spray paint for wheels from autozone and it looks good, it just chips instantly when it comes in contact with some other metal. To be fair i didnt exactly spray it in the most ideal conditions.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used flat black krylon... It will stick fine, you just have to prep the surface. Go to an automotive paint supply and get yourself some red scotchbrite pads... scuff the wheel to give the paint something to hold on to, and it wont flake.... Mine flaked a little around the one edge but thats because the wheel had something metal dropped on it, but on the whole, the paint should stick just fine... I blacked out the wheels on my old bandit using this method and paint, and it worked perfectly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.