Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Hey Raz, what is that black plastic knob/dial mounted above your exhaust pipe?

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Originally posted by PuckHead:
Hey Raz, what is that black plastic knob/dial mounted above your exhaust pipe?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thats the adjuster for that sweet fuggin Ohlins rear shock..mmmmmmm

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's Harris fairing stay. It comes with Harris damper mounting kit. My Ohlins damper has 20 settings, ever heard of that? Don't they usually come with 16 settings?

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The funniest part of all was removing those bungee hooks. I bought a Dremmel tool for £69 for that purpose but the area around exhaust was too congested. I just grabbed them one by one with pliers and turned them up, down, up down, till they came off. They left the least amount of residue on subframe and I ground and filed it away with the Dremmel. My wife made fun of me for spending all that money for something that could be done, simply, with pliers

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Well if you want me to, I can bend your arm up and down, up and down, to get that OHLINS rear shock from you

Nice bike btw.....

·
Registered
533 Posts
Originally posted by raz_biker:
That's Harris fairing stay. It comes with Harris damper mounting kit. My Ohlins damper has 20 settings, ever heard of that? Don't they usually come with 16 settings?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Cool...looks good..whole bike is very nice for that matter. LOL on your hook removal. That's the same way I removed mine and it was right after buying a dremel, too. Just didn't have the right bit for that job and the pliers did wonders!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That triple cover is the only thing 'extra' that came with this bike when I bought it last year. It looks a bit tarty but I like it. i don't know where you could buy one from, maybe others can help.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Hi Raz

Bike looks pretty smart mate, alot of tlc gone into that

and, like me, looks like you drive around in old bangers !!!

Update on my bike though, i still need front mudgaurd, air intakes, small weld to frame, a full fairing and were all done

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice to hear from you Dan, I'll look for the stuff you've mentioned. i think you can pick all the plastics for £200-250 (inc. fuel tank). Will go to PDQ on 9th Oct. to dyno test the bike, will ask them as well if some one is putting his bike on track and getting rid of the original plastics/tank. Since all these things are interchangeable between 600 and 750, you should be able to find them cheap. thanx for the compliment, the bike looks good indeeed. Yeah I've got a whole collection of bangers, might get rid of them all and get a decent 4x4 after Christmas. local M/C Shitty are selling a Gix 1000 K1 for £6999 (new unregistered) and God knows I am tempted. Yes I am tempted indeed. i'll wait till they drop the price further down when K3 is released. Good luck with your bike.

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
SHES A BEAUT!!

I HAVE THE B/W BROTHER TO HER......(OR HIM...)

(MINUS THE SCORCHED SWINGER!!!LOLOL)

4 SALE EVEN....(TO A GREAT , LOVING HOME ONLY!!)

DAMN, THERE I GO YELLN AGAIN!!

SORRY

ESEMES

[ 09-23-2002, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: eSeMeS750WX ]

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah I know my bike needs cleaning. That scorched swinger is a result of my changing bolt ons on almost weekly basis. I am settled with this system now. I ahve three bolt ons in my attic, might sell them when i come round to it. Well I just popped outside and cleaned the poor thing while i was writing this message. Gives me an excuse to post some more pix

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
THANKS for hearing me!!!

btw, you'll prolly be able to fetch anywhere from 150-200 a piece on those bolters...

---i put one of my gixxer stickers on the swinger also!!

esemes

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
And I might get £150-200 for each of my cars as well
Looking at the pictures, I just realised that some wanker stole my anodised red tyre valve covers
this is the second time it's happened. The feeling that someone has been mucking around with your bike is enough to kill you with worry, anger and sorrow
the bastards. Where is that baseball bat I promised to buy last Sunday. i am going out to buy it NOW. If I find the bastard, then it will be

1 - 20 of 36 Posts