Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason when I get up to approx. 50 mph my bike hesitates. It seems as though the bike wants to go but there is something holding it back. I can at time ride through it, but if I do I top out at 75 mph. Can anybody tell me what might be causing this and how it can be fixed?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
sounds as if you need to get a carb clean up or go through and get a jet kit have it been tuned up?

·
Registered
277 Posts
could be carbs or plugs...but check this out it might be real easy to fix. Check your kickstand kill switch...it happened to me also. Got up to around 8-9 rpm and the bike would shudder and when you grabbed the throttle it would just buck and would not go any faster. Sounded and felt like it was backfiring. Checked everything, plugs, battery, fuel lines. etc....nothing helped until I realized that if I stayed on the throttle it would stall out and the only way to get it to start back up was to operate the kickstand and it would restart. Come to find out the switch was faulty and when my bike got into the higher revs it would vibrate the sensor enough that it was trying to shut the bike down due to the computer thinking the kickstand was being put down because it was vibrating on and off of the sensor. Bypassed the switch by hardwiring it and no problems since. A perfect $0 fix. check it out first before tearing your carbs and junk apart.

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Darth had a VERY common problem on his.. It is worth looking at..

John

·
Registered
645 Posts
wow.. that is interesting. Never heard of that. Is there a good way to take out a kickstand circuit? Mine was done by the prev. owner. Just don't care how he did it.

Otherwise I do know that carbs could be a bit in need of rebuilding with a jet kit to put in while you're at it, and/or spark plugs should be checked for if the bike's running too rich too. Hard to say.

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
To bypass the sidestand, you can trace the wires back up to the plug (I dont remember what color the plug is... sorry), and then unplug it. On the ECU side just jump the wires and cover it with tape..

John

·
Registered
275 Posts
Originally posted by GSXR-Freak:
To bypass the sidestand, you can trace the wires back up to the plug (I dont remember what color the plug is... sorry), and then unplug it. On the ECU side just jump the wires and cover it with tape..

John
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yep just unplug it. I did it to my 97 600. You don't need no stinkin sensor on the kickstand anyway. It is just extra weight. I think the plug color is green. I may be wrong though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts