Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I get caught in the rain, my whole bike is steaming when I come to a stop. I'm hoping its just the water evaporating off my hot engine and exhaust. It doesn't exactly smell very good though and there's a lot of it. I'm hoping this is steam not smoke from something else. Does this happen to anyone else?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Its only water from rain/puddles on your headers.... mostly anyway... anything hot will make steam, mine does that. i wouldn't worry about it until it does it when its not raining

Tyler

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
yeah, especially when i went through a 6" deep puddle at 30mph on way to work once. the screen gets steamed up on the inside as well after a good wash of the radiator.

·
Registered
330 Posts
resonantfreq - totally depends on how fast spring comes! last year i was riding at the beginning of april. bit chilly, and the roads were still all sanded up.... and i rode this year until about the first week of november... now that was COLD. we barely have any snow now, its so tempting to take her out for a rip on warm days, but seeing as my bike is all ripped apart... oh well.
what about you out there?

Tyler

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well last year, I was riding regularly about now, this year though I've only ridden about 2 days in the last two months. Its been cold this year. Also, we use salt down here so I don't really like riding once they start salting the roads. As far as spring goes, March last year, lets hope its the same or earlier this year.

·
Registered
645 Posts
yeah, I'd only worry about it if you smell coolant and haven't added any if it get's low... but then your bike would just overheat..

other than that... fu'gedd'da'bout it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts