Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought my 2007 gsxr 600 used. Started right up and rode as it should. Later on in the day I stopped at the store. Came out 10 minutes later and my bike wouldn’t start. And I noticed the more I tried to start it, the faster it seemed to die. Went to AutoZone. Bought and planned a brand new battery in it and it started up right away! Fast forward. A day later I’m having the same issues again. Took the battery back to AutoZone. Had them charge it. Placed it back into the bike. It again started right back up. Idk what’s going on. Does anyone know what my issue could be? I also noticed this device of some sort in the trunk. Not sure what it is but I attached a photo. Could anyone tell me what it is?

Attachments

·
Registered
571 Posts
First time at this sort of thing, huh?
Have someone who knows what they're doing to put a volt meter on the Stator and rectifier and regulator. If it's not charging enough, the battery won't start the bike consecutive times.
OR, something is draining the battery when the bike is off that shouldn't be.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First time at this sort of thing, huh?
Have someone who knows what they're doing to put a volt meter on the Stator and rectifier and regulator. If it's not charging enough, the battery won't start the bike consecutive times.
OR, something is draining the battery when the bike is off that shouldn't be.
Yeah sadly smh but ok I’ll ask one my buddies if he can and let you know what happens. Thanks man

·
Registered
26 Posts
First, charge battery.
Then, start with checking battery voltage when the bike is: off, key on(Not running), and bike running (idle and 5k rpm).

Running @ 5k rpm you should be north of 14V (usually about 14.5-14.6V). That will give you an idea of the charging system is working. Depending on that result will determine next steps (testing stator and regulator/rectifier as what? stated).

When my stator and R/R went out, my battery voltage was less than 12V when the bike was running and didn't change with rpm, so that drove me to check the stator and RR and I found the stator fried and took out the R/R.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The photo looks like a cable for a some type "battery tender" battery charger. Instead of needing to connect alligator clip cables to the battery every time, just remove the pilon seat and plug into the the other end of the cable to its charger. If this cable is for a battery tender charger, you should find the other end of this cable's positive and negative wires attached directly to the battery terminals.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Read my shame below, sounds familiar. Find a service manual and read through charging issues. A simple Digital MultiMeter should get you most of the way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts