Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was driving around today on my gixxer and i was noticing the teps getting into the 210+ range, and when i shut it off the cooling fan wouldnt come on, am I in trouble or is this normal??

·
Registered
106 Posts
Were you in rush hour traffic? Have you performed any routine maintenance recently?

Outlaw

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
fan doesnt come on until 215 or so...

·
Registered
33 Posts
This is normal temp for a warm day in town. And he is right the fan comes on about 215.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
soo at what temp should i be worried, because i think it may have gone past 215 withouth the fan kicking in. at aht temp will stuff start getting messed up?

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
240 I would worry... I think that is when the temp starts to blink as well...

John

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh well, is there a harness that connects to the cooling fan, because i took all my fairings off about a week or two ago and i remember there was an extra wire harness that we didnt plug in, it was really small, like the turnsignal harness and it was in front of the radiator

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
yeah my 97 750 will get in the 215 range when I'm in bumper to bumper traffic. Temp goes down as soon as we start movin

·
Registered
701 Posts
Mine gets hot as hell, too. Is there any solution for this, other than shutting the bike off?

·
Registered
257 Posts
215-220 for the fan to kick on and your temp will read ..hot..when it gets way up there(but ive never seen it)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Originally posted by N4cer:
Mine gets hot as hell, too. Is there any solution for this, other than shutting the bike off?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Either hook up a manual fan switch, or get a bigger rad. You can use the zx9 rad, nice and big , the 97 gix 6 has a rather small rad IMO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts