Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I wanted to upgrade the shock while things are apart, so i opted to try the 07 gixxer 750 shock swap, direct fit and 1 measured inch in height, 27.00 on egay, free shipping

Attachments

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1. Frame was painted after scuffing with a semi gloss epoxy paint, i have no idea how it will hold up, the top clamp, where the key is housed and the fork tubes are cerakote, well see how it all holds up, cerakote looks better i thik

2. I had the 750 for some labor, its a 95, broken case, trashed bodywork and bars from a wheelie gone wrong, it also is missing the rear caliper

I got an 1100 bike for a song, was being used for drag racing, until the trans went south, needs 2nd and fifth, the owner of the 1100 bought a mini sprint engine (93-94 1100) it was running alcohol, 1117 kit, yosh stage 2 cams and injection, the original motor, half disassembled was in boxes, the installation of the mini sprint engine was never completed, only half way

3. The engine, front, rear, and bottom is basically a bolt in as far as mounts go, used the 750 things, the rear mount tabs that bolt to the frame and connect to the engine via the long bolt were modified/drilled to accept the larger 1100 rear through bolts

4. Top mount between frame and engine head on either side, modify, or cut off the rear tab on the frame for carb clearance, they will interfere and break the carb caps, or if you get them to fit the vibration and interference would kill the caps shortly

5. Frames, Very similar in size, people have said that they are the same, they ARE NOT, I measured, the 1100 is a little more roomy as far as height goes.

6. Wiring, Im using the stock 750 harness, and the 1100 ecm, points of interest in the engine side of the harness..... Trans position indicator on the 1100 engine has 2 wires, the 750 has only 1, the blue wire is for the position indicator, the other wire, red in color is for the timing retard in the lower gears on the 1100 bike, simply remove the red wire, use the wire from the 750 indicator, splice it to the wire on the 1100 indicator for a direct plug in

7, Green wire in stock 750 harness is for the oil sensor in the pan, USE IT.

Use the cooling system from the 750, The oil cooler from the 1100 wont fit, just use the 750 oil cooler setup, use everything from the 750

Ill write more in a little bit

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As stated before, USE ALL OF THE 750 external things

Lower radiator mount required lengthening a bit, i cut the stock bracket and welded in a small piece of metal to extend it just so the rad fan shroud had clearance, there is no interference with the radiator and steering damper doing this, but check it out to be sure you dont poke a hole in your radiator

I used the 1100 wheels and discs, why? they are polished and not chrome, they are straight and have good tires

I will be using the whole 1100 front brake setup, direct swap

I need to round up some body parts and the upper fron fairing stay, I actually gave mine away to help a fellow gixxer put his crashed ride back together, I also need to round up a rear caliper and a footpeg, as well as some clip ons

Ill be using pod filters and maybe the dyna coils that were on the drag bike

The exhaust/pan thing.... Im using the 1100 pan and fron exhaust pipes from the 1100, the pipes are huge, and very lightweight, Ill also be using the 1100 gauge cluster, and the 1100 hydraulic clutch system, both chains were the 520 types, so thats what ill be using with a std rear sprocket and a +1 on the front, I like highway riding and never drag race

If anyone has any questions about anything, now would be a good time to ask, since its all sitting right in front of me

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh, yeah, valve covers, they are interchangable but slightly different between the 750 and 1100

my 1100 cover was HEAVY, the 750 cover was magnesium and probably 30% of the weight, so it was used instead

1 - 7 of 7 Posts