Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally i've gotten my bike back together, polished laid out chrome here and there and I was riding for the first time today after I had changed the clutches and tapped a few bolt holes in the valve cover while the motor was out of the bike, checking the valves and making sure everything is on the up and up. I've noticed in 4th or 5th gears if I'm just cruising and hit it hard it will loose power and feel like it will rev back into power. First I was like dam that didn't feel right so I did it in 4th and same thing. No grinding gears no funny sounds, just a loss in power and bang it comes back, almost feels like i have pulled the clutch in a bit and let go? Someone have experience on this one?

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
yeah I did its either loosing gas or loosing spark m ine was spark, I kept fouling plugs it ran great on new plugs but a few days they where fouled, so I reached out and took a shot in the dark after a few thoughts, I replaced the coils that worked now I can,t even get it to spark. A guy said I was'nt getting enough spark to burn all the gas and when I got in the throttle it was drowning the bike because it would'nt burn all the fuel. fresh plugs cured it because they where fresh but still did'nt have the spark like i neededafter they where used for a few hours. check your plugs see what color they are and go from there.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry its not the carbs for sure. Brand New 39 Flat slides that I had prior to the clutch work and didn't have problem. Maybe if I was running my old 40's when I did have that prob. I was told to pull my clutches because it sounds like there slipping then grabbing, I may have a couple in the wrong way. Well I'll be pulling it out this morning. Want to make it to the dragg strip at 1pm today.

·
Farm OG
2,801 Posts
Did you break that clutch in or just hammer on it from the get-go?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Sounds like flat slides to me. If you wack them open they will bog. You need to roll into them. Hell I have 36mm RS on my 1127 in 5th gear if I wack them open they bog for just a moment. You have bigger carbs than mine so yours will bog worse.
Its all about the roll!

John

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats a thought???? See I ususlly run 1/2 racing fuel. This time I just ran 93??? I'm going to bleed the clutch first get some racing fuel and see what happens.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I rode it pretty reasonable....Did a little burn out to break the back tire in, but I didn't race the bike.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well fellas it was the clutches......I rode the bike twice for a good 2hrs each time. I was wondering......does clutches come with a coating you need to wear off before they work properly? I talked to a guy at a shop he told me to just ride it normal and don't wack the gas, give it a week or two of normal riding? Well guess what the dam thing is a beast. Wack it at 65 and bam i'm doing 110 in no time. Down shift to 4th at 50 and bang its all working??? Has me confused so I'm still going to go into the clutches next week just to investigate and take a look. Don't want anything to happen at the beach! Thanks for the feed back fellas.

Blue

1 - 9 of 9 Posts