Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
how did i crash? I was making a simple turn and i fell.

It was my first bike, never rode one before, not even on the back of one. I was teaching my self how to ride, was doing fairly well. Drove around my neighborhood for about 3 hours it was great. Attempted to go out on the road and when i was trying to make a simple right turn i fell because i was going to slow during the turn, panicked because of traffic and hit the break and the bike toppled over.

I have an attitude towards life that alot of people find hard to comprehend. I accept the things i cannot change and move on. I am very optimistic, i am glad that i didnt get hurt. Bitching wont fix my bike, nor will it stop me from falling again. Working to make money will fix my bike, and practice will stop me from falling. however I also invested in the MSF course which ill will be taking in the near future.
Keep that mentality and ride within your limits.. if you have friends that ride dont try to keep pace with them ride your own. Honestly for a first bike I wouldnt have gone brand new you should have picked something else up to learn on then bought something new when you were more experienced. Anyways nice bike and keep learning
Be safe!

·
Registered
69 Posts
its just side fairings, its not a big deal. what am i soppose to cry over it? im getting it custom airbrushed any way. So yeah to me it isnt a big deal. you guys cry like females, its pathetic.
LOL This just screams POSER with money! Total waste.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Come on fellas cut him some slack it took some guts to say that it was his first bike and he crashed it on the first day to a bunch of people he didnt know.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Whence you learn a little more about riding the bike and attain some more experience, do yourself a favor, sign up and do a trackday. One day at the track, with proper instruction, will make you a more confident rider.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't know why u are getting flamed
but hey, Welcome to the board. Congrats on the bike. Listen the best thing you can do is take the MSF class. My wife took it two years ago And I went along with her, just to keep her company ( I'v been ridin for years). she never been on a bike before, she got her license the second day of the course .My wife and I learned alot from that class too. I builds up your confidence. Now she rides a 05 CBR 600RR. Get some level headed ridin buddys to get you up to speed. Trackdays, I would lay off for now. It's much different ridin on tha track than the street. get your safty up, U wil be good

Latar

·
Registered
42 Posts
MSF...its called prepared ! I like it that he says he just accepts the things he cant change. Its sounds to me that he could have changed everything by taking the MSF course first but hey....everyone learns the hard way. I like to learn from others so I dont repeat the same mistake !!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
i dont know why im being flamed either, but o well. and im not rich, im hard working, and i didnt plan on buying a bike, my friend bought a 05 750 and the guy was like hey look at these that are coming out tomorrow, the first 06''s, he showed me it and i fell in love immediately. really im not even a "biker" i like my 2005 Cobalt just as much if not more. Of course its not as fast but hey i love it all the same. Anyway thanks fort he welcome. And the bike did like a little bit when it fell, i have 800 miles on it now and if havent fell again since, i also went to daytona spring break with it, and the hoes were lovin it!

·
Registered
54 Posts
haha man ur pretty inspiring. I rode a 250 for 6 thousand miles and im just now thinking about getting an SV650. Phew you make me think im ready for a supersport lol. Im going to take the MSF sportbike advanced course first. Wow i cant imagine trying to learn how to ride a motorcycle with a Gixxer 600. The reason you are getting flamed is because people on this flame ALOT and because you deserve it. Read up on the motorcycle scene for a couple years and you'll be laughing at how you got started too. Relieved that you are gonna take the MSF course, invest in some good gear as well.

oh and BTW gorgeous bike. I think i might hafta get one of those next year.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I would bet retard boy was so happy to have a new bike, he was calling one of his pussy friends with his moto razr phone and front braked it through some gravel while looking left to sprint into traffic. Figures, "I'm optomistic", duh, my friends will like me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Welcome to the board.... Please wear yer gear and do a MSF course then a trackday with an instructor. Plarp is right... and Fuck everyone else. I crash ALL THE TIME... But I'm also trying to go for points/position. If I had the mind set of most of the squids on this or any other motorcycle web board, I wouldn't be running 4 seconds of the lap record set by an AMA pro at my home track.... You have a great outlook, just keep yer brains in you're head and not on the pavement... Remember, wherever you're head is looking, that’s where the bike WILL go. Don't grab a fist full of brakes... SQUEEZE lightly but with purpose. Squeeze not yank. Reverse Steering…when you get over 25mph (or so) you push with the hand in the direction you want to go. Throttle Control…. Roll the throttle on and Roll the throttle off. Don’t just whack it open or shut… NEVER USE THE REAR BRAKE!!!!!!!!!!! PERIOD!!!!!!!!!! GOT IT??????? NEVER!!!!!!!!!! You’re to new at riding UNTIL you are taught from a MSF instructor. If you lock the rear tire up you WILL go bye-bye off the bike…Even while racing I only use the rear to dip it in the corner to settle the bike. Or off track excursions. Be aware of EVEYTHING! Cars, trucks, bikes, motorcycles, people walking, pavement types, sand, water, oil, antifreeze, everything. Just take it slow and be safe

·
Registered
253 Posts
Good luck with the bike man, I just picked one up myself. I rode an 03 gsx-r 1000 on the track and got rid of it to buy this bike. Don't worry about these idiots on this board, just sounds like a bunch of jealousy to me. I find your attitude inspiring and you seem like a cool guy. By the way, if those cases are scratched, down the road you could purchase some "woodcraft" cases. They seem to have the nices aftermarket cases between NRC and Vortex. They are stronger and look nicer than the stock anyway. I am going to put them on my bike for the track when they come out. The problem with out bike is nothing is available yet. Another investment would be to purchase a set of frame sliders when they are available, again woodcraft or vortex. Have fun with the bike and be safe.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
About this Discussion
35 Replies
23 Participants
Silver_Bullet
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing