Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
idk whats wrong this time. Ive brought it back to life almost every time. But this one has me stumped. Replaced throttle boddys, replaced all 8 injectors, the wiring harness, and just about everything else Besides breaking into the motor. But now at any gear except 6th and when im doing a burn out, it dies. You flip the kills with to prime it and it fires right up and down the road you go. Its almost like the pump can't keep uo with the demand for fuel but it dose when im daunting offf the limiter ( just to see if it would) and in 6th gear it pulls and pulls and pulls. But any other gear it reves up then the whole motor shuts down and start engine breaking. Im thining its the in tank pressure regulator but I domt know for sure any help is appreciated and I'm sorry for my shit Grammer

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you check fuel pressure? petcock, and lines? fuel rail and pressure regulator can fubar pressure too
Well i checked prime and its pu.ping the correct amount at prime.....and fuel rail is brand spanking new. But i. Thinking its the pressure regulator.

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
4,075 Posts
If it was a fuel thing, you would have the same issue in 6th gear and it would struggle to accelerate to redline. I would be looking at electrical things, like the kickstand switch and the killswitch. Bypass both of them, if the problem goes away, you know it's at least one of them. If not, you can do a fuel flow test to see if it's some weird fueling issue.

Obviously check your grounds and such, first due to being to being the easiest.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
9,352 Posts
It does sound electrical. Make sure your TOS is mounted where it should be, though you'd get a C23 error if it tripped. You could put a pressure gauge on the fuel line to check that the pressure regulator is working properly. But I doubt that it is the issue. Fuel issues appear under high demand conditions, RPM + throttle. Aside from the battery connections the ground lead from the battery is bolted to the crankcase just behind the starter. A smaller B/W lead runs from it to a nearby connector and the wiring harness. I think the ECM shuts down if the B/W lead is interrupted.

·
Registered
576 Posts
idk whats wrong this time. Ive brought it back to life almost every time. But this one has me stumped. Replaced throttle boddys, replaced all 8 injectors, the wiring harness, and just about everything else Besides breaking into the motor. But now at any gear except 6th and when im doing a burn out, it dies. You flip the kills with to prime it and it fires right up and down the road you go. Its almost like the pump can't keep uo with the demand for fuel but it dose when im daunting offf the limiter ( just to see if it would) and in 6th gear it pulls and pulls and pulls. But any other gear it reves up then the whole motor shuts down and start engine breaking. Im thining its the in tank pressure regulator but I domt know for sure any help is appreciated and I'm sorry for my shit Grammer
Replaced all 8 injectoors, throttle bodies, and wiring harness? Why not repaint it too! LOL

'When I'm doing a burnout'?

My advice? Quit will you're a head and sell/give this bike to someone who will appreciate it and it's heritage. LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts