Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in traffic in on saturday and all of a sudden by bike starts to dump anti- freeze onto the street. It came from the little tube that leads underneather the bike. I pull over and the coolant is bubbling and it lets more out. I added more coolant and rode sunday and this didn't happend.

Anyone know why it did this?

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
the cause is simple... the pressure in your cooling system built up to the point where the radiator cap allowed release into the overflow. There are a few things that could have caused this pressure increase, however. The first thing I'd check is to make sure you have a proper mix of coolant & h20. Not enough coolant will allow for lowing boiling temps. Next thing I'd check is to make sure that the cooling system is bled properly. Air in the system can cause boiling over. And the third thing I'd check is to make sure the cooling fan is coming on when it should - around 220-225 degrees.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
On the right side (as you sit on the bike) there are 2 black tubes that plug in near the radiator cap. If they are crossed this will happen. Make sure the overflow tube is connected to the top (above the cap) and the return line is connected under the cap. I replaced my radiator once and I did this. Seems pretty stupid but it was an easy mistake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts