Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
MWR stacks comparison
This is on my bike already had head and cams a stock bike I tuned before this comparison made 181 (full system, derestricted, and tuned) it was warm and humid

jason
The graph is a little hard to read but what I'm seeing is, 12k it makes more power, 13k dead even and 14k another 5hp jump. Is that correct? Also do you feel it's worth it?

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The graph is a little hard to read but what I'm seeing is, 12k it makes more power, 13k dead even and 14k another 5hp jump. Is that correct? Also do you feel it's worth it?
exactly the same until 11k then 5 hp more the down to 1 hp at 12k then at 13,8k 9hp more

yes if you can gain that much for less then $100 per hp that is great.

jason

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it isnt a dip that is feel-able ( the only dips that are feel-able are when there is a loss of power) the afr is straight as an arrow in this range i
believe it is where the engine starts sucking more from the bottom stacks and dosent use the top as much.

jason

·
Chubby Chaser
57,830 Posts
it isnt a dip that is feel-able ( the only dips that are feel-able are when there is a loss of power) the afr is straight as an arrow in this range i
believe it is where the engine starts sucking more from the bottom stacks and dosent use the top as much.

jason

Jason, you mentioned aftermarket cams earlier. What's the deal on that, are they cams that disable the VVT function of the stockers? Can you elaborate a bit on use case there, where/when do the stockers not become ideal?

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jason, you mentioned aftermarket cams earlier. What's the deal on that, are they cams that disable the VVT function of the stockers? Can you elaborate a bit on use case there, where/when do the stockers not become ideal?
they are the Yosh cams. they keep the VVT. there is a couple ways to go now, but i only would use the ones that keep the VVT - the midrange is still very good. this bike is still making over 140hp and 80ftlbs of torque at 9k. -that is directly due to the VVT (that dosent start working until 10k) the cams are more track oriented for top end. but what surprised me it the no loss except below 4k and the idle not great. on my 05 with yosh cams and stock bore it felt slow more 750 like below 8k.

the issue that this has created for me is drive ability im having difficulty holding on to it at my last track day i can lap faster short shifting it about 12k. but it is pretty spectacular to run it out. i just got back from Pitt Race and it was alot harder to ride then the stock bike. when i was at Summit a few weeks ago it is fun to ride but i have to readjust my brake markers. the bike was 14mph faster on the front straight then i have ever been before. also lifting the front wheel in 5th gear is pretty impressive (the gearing is close to stock). i could pass any of the new 1000s on the front straight at will. i have never had a bike do that. but if they got a really good drive off 10 it was 3/4 of the way down the front straight and then i was all messed up going into 1.

Im going to be at NJMP on June 2nd with N2 if you are going id like to meet. we have been there before at the same time but id like to put a face to the avatar.

jason

·
Chubby Chaser
57,830 Posts
they are the Yosh cams. they keep the VVT. there is a couple ways to go now, but i only would use the ones that keep the VVT - the midrange is still very good. this bike is still making over 140hp and 80ftlbs of torque at 9k. -that is directly due to the VVT (that dosent start working until 10k) the cams are more track oriented for top end. but what surprised me it the no loss except below 4k and the idle not great. on my 05 with yosh cams and stock bore it felt slow more 750 like below 8k.

the issue that this has created for me is drive ability im having difficulty holding on to it at my last track day i can lap faster short shifting it about 12k. but it is pretty spectacular to run it out. i just got back from Pitt Race and it was alot harder to ride then the stock bike. when i was at Summit a few weeks ago it is fun to ride but i have to readjust my brake markers. the bike was 14mph faster on the front straight then i have ever been before. also lifting the front wheel in 5th gear is pretty impressive (the gearing is close to stock). i could pass any of the new 1000s on the front straight at will. i have never had a bike do that. but if they got a really good drive off 10 it was 3/4 of the way down the front straight and then i was all messed up going into 1.

Im going to be at NJMP on June 2nd with N2 if you are going id like to meet. we have been there before at the same time but id like to put a face to the avatar.

jason

Ahh, good info. Improved power output without the tradeoffs of traditional cams if pretty cool.

My next TD is actually NYST on June 8th at the moment. You can peek in here from time to time, us NE guys chat about where we're riding next. :thumbup

https://www.gixxer.com/forums/53-northeast/356000-northeast-trackwhores-v4-0-everyone-gets-wood-484.html#post9556310

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,074 Posts
wow... holy hell Jason... thats impressive!

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Jason how did you attach the upper fuel rail, the mwr stacks dont have the posts that the bolt goes into, i ended up using lock nuts and two plastic washers underneath with the oem bolts

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Jason how did you attach the upper fuel rail, the mwr stacks dont have the posts that the bolt goes into, i ended up using lock nuts and two plastic washers underneath with the oem bolts
im have a bit of OCD i used fender washers nyloc nuts and loctite

jason

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
thanks Jason
ocd myself i have a label maker and printed "BEWARE lock NUTs UNDERNEATH" and placed it just above those two rail bolts
so i remember and the two nuts dont fall into throttle body

1 - 20 of 27 Posts