Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Must Have Mods

33K views 45 replies 28 participants last post by  1Slowrider 
#1 ·
Think there's a mod every bike can't go without? Tell us about it.

#4 ·
A DVD of A Twist of the Wrist II, MSF Advanced Riders Course, DOT & Snell approved helmet, armored jacket, quality protective gloves (preferably gauntlets), proper riding boots, proper riding pants or full leathers if you can.

Our bikes are purebred true racing bikes. For the street you'll never ride it to it's limits, so mods aren't "needed". For a nice sound, get a good exhaust and a good tuner to manage it if needed. For convenience (not really needed for performance, but it is nice), maybe a quick shifter. For comfort maybe swap grips and rearsets. Then you go on to visual mods that are up to you as an individual.

;)

Reactions: Crash86
#8 ·
i Have been searching the forum all day trying to find the best picture or discription for pin 30 for the ex. servo however only thing i really could get is the idea its under my right ass check and its brown with a black stripe. being that this forum is about stuff that should be done i figure this might fall into that thanks so does any one have any good pics they can send me of the servo? or better discription? I found a view forms and topics on it but hte links were old and no longer available

#12 ·
I skilled operator. Everything else is optional.

If you don't believe that, go and build the badest-ass racebike you can and then go try and keep up with a club lever expert racer on a bone stock 10 year old sportbike (well, with fresh tires at least) and see what happens.

Reactions: gsxrfrog
#14 ·
Fender Delete...those tails with huge rear fenders have got to go.

Stompgrip Pads...when I first started riding my bike, I was slipping all over the place. Fresh wax on the tank didn't help. I decided to get the tank pads and have been very happy with them. I have much more confidence with the grip on the tank.

#16 ·
your bike is plenty fast enough for the street... here are my thoughts.... mod for comfort, and looks with mild mods.... basically make it youors. you dont wnat it to look like every other bike of that year.
i suggest rearsets, bmc filter(although iv heard more hp w stock) shorty levers.

#23 ·
ive got a modulator that has a light sensor on it, when the bike is on, and the brights are on and the sensor has sunlight on it, it flashes back and forth from brights to running lights quickly. if i want it off i just switch it to the running light switch
. makes people see you ALOT more and when your on the freeway and in the left lane, cars get out of you way thinking your a cop/ambulance lol. great mod in my opinion!

#32 ·
Seat time.

Good tires.

Seat time.

Optimum suspension setup.

Seat time.

Did I mentioned seat time?

#45 ·
The first thing is not to be told you need a performance riding school how many really done that sounds like a bunch of anti riding pussies if you ask me when some one asks a legitimate questiln that is your best answer .if this is what your site is all about im out of here .i won't say what I really want but you know who you are and what I think about you .pussies

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.