Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys I'm New to The Forum

So tell me, and I know there are guys out there that do this, what type of music do you listen to when you ride and what are your favorite songs for specific types of riding?

Also, any tips for headphones to buy?
I currently have some phillips ones that let you hear outside noise as well very easily, but they are very uncomfortable..

·
Banned
17,232 Posts
I had went through tons of different headphones looking for some that were loud enough. I also went through a ton looking for some that didn't hurt my ears after long rides or try to fall out all the time. I finally ended up with theses.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Creative-EP-830-High-Quality-Headphone-Earbuds-EP830-/330456434881?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories

They are cheap and have 3 different size choices so you can ensure a good fit. They are loud, have a very good sound, and are comfortable. I found out about them in an older thread in this forum somewhere and gave them a try.

As far as riding music, it usually depends on the mood I am in, but I'll listen to a mix of korn, dustrubed, slipknot, ac/dc, drowning pool, saliva, or just about anything else heavy if I am out to really hit some corners.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I admit I ride with music, I use some $10 JVC Jellys and run it off my iPhone. It's nothing special but they're pretty comfortable. I don't play it loud though, just enough so I can hear it in the background.

I've learned (at least with myself) that riding in silence actually is more distracting than with music. Without music my mind wanders a little, but with the music I concentrate more on the road.

You may also want to look into those speakers you can install into your helmet. A few of my friends installed them and they sound pretty good, also there's nothing in your ear.

·
Registered
247 Posts
rode with my gf's ipod + headset on a long trip once... omg, my ear could've been bleeding.

i dont listen to music while riding, but i hum/sing a lot. i'm waiting on the day i start singing a song i have stuck in my head and get too into it, as im sure the picture will end up here.

im looking for a good bluetooth earpiece (for pandora / gps directions)

·
Registered
5 Posts
go get some of the skull headphones I a pair of black ones and washed them and they still work and its been 4 months since then and there loud. you can get them from bestbuy and radio shaq

·
Spunk Gargling Knob Gobbling Squid
2,155 Posts
ive got some jbl ear buds that were cheap on ebay and sound great. they help cut down on wind noise too. i like to listen to millie vanillie and prince :lol of course I am kidding about the music. lawrence welks greatest hits.

·
whiter than whole milk...
25,346 Posts
MDR-AS20J
best i've ever used. comfy, stay in place and they last

·
Registered
156 Posts
I use Phillips similar to those ^^^.

They have rubber pieces that stay behind your ear, so they don't hurt or fall out, and 3 size gel inserts for your ear. Blocks out wind noise, but I can still hear the bike and other cars/bikes (although I don't really listen to music around traffic, only out in the twisties)

As for music, depends on the scenery, but some good house usually gets me going. I play music off my Blackberry Curve, so I sometimes use the GPS too.

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts
I like to stream the music right through my new cell phone. Lawrence Welk rules. :punk

Attachments

·
X-TREEEME!!11!!ONEONE!
865 Posts
Crazy Techno...like I'm talking the Euro-Trash type. :punk
And I also us an "over the ear" type headphone set as pic'd above. Works great.

·
Banned
10,466 Posts
I listen to music while riding :thumbup I used the headphones that came with my ipod :dunno - work fine.

see youtube link in sig for what I listen to.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I listen to stern when im riding down to philly from NYC. Ive gone through atleast three pairs havent found anything thats comfortable and stay in during the whole ride. Skull candy makes a good in ear head phone.

·
IT'S SO FRUMPY!
2,058 Posts
I can't make earbuds stay in my ear at all, much less while riding. I use cheapos that circle around the back of my head instead of over the top. Works very well. Sort of like these:

·
Nothing but Adrenaline-Fueled Business Ends
25,701 Posts
Almost always have tunes going, usually something with a beat... anything from old school Michael Jackson to KMFDM to house/trance.

As for what I listen with, that's the easy part. Etymotic ER6i. My helmet is too snug to wear anything that's not in my ear, and the freebie ipod earbuds do not stay in my ears at all. Filters get replaced about every 18mos (probably less frequently if you don't clean your earwax out on a regular basis), and there are 3 flange-type tips as well as a foam set so you can pick and choose which works best.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Etymotic-Research-Isolator-Earphones-Black/dp/B000BQSGMM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1282599534&sr=8-1[/ame]

1 - 20 of 252 Posts