Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is something I've thought about doing while racing, but I think it'd break my concentration too much. How many of you listen to music while racing and how does it affect your concentration?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if you are actually contemplating on music while riding you should stick to track days!!
I agree with bmf, and that's why I haven't done it. However, we all search for the things that will make us go that little bit faster, and for some, music could do that. I was simply trying to see how many race to music and whether it has helped them.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
if you have time to listen to the music you arent going fast enough.... so I am with fever here. If you want music, stick to track days.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I thought about music too: MP3 player full of techno

As far as the track day only thing ... Why? hear other bikes comming on you? why... I thought thats why some riders where ear plugs. it allows them to tune out the other bikes and focus on them selves and their ridding.

What is the safty concern? some riders have ear plugs that are connected on a string, (same as a mp3 player). I've seen mic mounts for cameras on and inside helments. ( this past weekend) Where would the player sit? in side your suit ( make a pocket)

correct me where i'm wrong but ... on the track every thing is visual or about feel.. all the flags you see with your eyes, apex, turn in brake markers, ( visual and feel) we focus on the guy in front of us to set up and pass, ( feel, the best place to take him)

·
Registered
328 Posts
yes my spelling is crap

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
my .02 but music, while it may seem like a good motivator, can throw off your reflexes by subconsciously putting you in rhythym with the beat. That just be enough to throw off your brake markers and stuff

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
yeah, get real.

no way is listening to music a wise idea. Adam's right, Not just because you can throw yourself on your head, but OTHER PEOPLE...

DONT YOU IDIOTS LIKE THE SOUND OF YOUR OWN ENGINE???????

i love the 2smoke at full tilt bitches

if you are slow enough to listen to music, keep it at the track days

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
some riders have ear plugs that are connected on a string, (same as a mp3 player).

I've seen mic mounts for cameras on and inside helments. ( this past weekend) Where would the player sit? in side your suit ( make a pocket)

correct me where i'm wrong but ... on the track every thing is visual or about feel.. all the flags you see with your eyes, apex, turn in brake markers, ( visual and feel) we focus on the guy in front of us to set up and pass, ( feel, the best place to take him)
umm i have earplugs on a string but thats just because they are in a big box in the hangar plus it keeps them together. I have no idea how that is suposed to relate to an MP3 player!!

ON THE TRACK EVERYTHING IS ABOUT VISUAL OR FEEL ????????? your ears are still at use whether you realize it or not. Just like your subconscious, which is keeping you slow in some corners and way faster in others - just like remembering your brake markers but also learning along the way. your brain is used to always having your ears operating in some fashion, for some reason.

you've got to be kidding me!

i ever hear of another racer listening to music, i think i'd have a chat with race direction.

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
I use to listen to musice when sunday riding twisties, it was ok with me. But I wouldnt do a trackday with it nor a race.

·
Premium Member
13,304 Posts
if you have time to listen to the music you arent going fast enough.... so I am with fever here. If you want music, stick to track days.
so what misic do you listen too then ???? LOL

and earplugs are for sallies., i never liked it., could not ear enough stuff !!?!?!!?

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
back before racing I didnt wear earplugs except for long all-day rides or something. but hell , i'm nearly going deaf between being a drummer in my youth, avid show/club goer, and now i'm around F-18 engines all day so needless to say I need to conserve my ears!

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
so what misic do you listen too then ???? LOL

and earplugs are for sallies., i never liked it., could not ear enough stuff !!?!?!!?

You would rather use dildo plugs

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
i some times sing to my self, but i do think that music itself being played would definatly distract me big time.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I DISAGREE 100% with this statement...

Keep you music on the STREET...PERIOD....No track anything IMO...

Although, I don't understand why you can't wear headphones in a car or on a bike...But you can pump out 3000 watts of sound with your windows up or cracked in your vehicle and it's OK...What is the difference...
Besides the db's...

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
Although, I don't understand why you can't wear headphones in a car or on a bike...But you can pump out 3000 watts of sound with your windows up or cracked in your vehicle and it's OK...What is the difference...
Besides the db's...
I don't understand why you can't wear earphones for music, but you can use one to talk on the phone.

I don't understand why you can't wear earphones for music but deaf people can get a driver's license.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts