Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys looking to see if anyone else has run into a similar issue. I had my bike apart for a little while (mostly fairings/small components) and when I recently went to turn it on with everything other then headlight/taillights plugged in the bike freaked out. For a few seconds it instantly runs the fans on full blast and it sounds like the STPS is going crazy too and then they both shut off. I put the bike in dealer mode and it gave a a bunch of codes, C 13,14,15,21,22,23,29,31. The bike cranks but wont start. Any ideas as to what could be going on? the bike ran perfectly with no codes/F1 light/issues before having it sit for about a month. The only thing I can think of is I did plug the taillight connector back into the loom (they use the same female end on the loom as the taillight light) for a few seconds. No burning wire smell or smoke, only a little bit of a dimmer on the gauge cluster for a second. Any ideas as to what could be wrong? all the main 6 or so fuses (fuses near the battery) were checked and no were blown.

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,536 Posts
Bad connections will do this, as well as a bad battery. So, what else did you have apart? Take the battery or ECM out? If you didn't start it, the regulator/rectifier and stator shouldn't be the cause. But, I wouldn't rule it out completely. Sounds almost like you've fried the ECM.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bad connections will do this, as well as a bad battery. So, what else did you have apart? Take the battery or ECM out? If you didn't start it, the regulator/rectifier and stator shouldn't be the cause. But, I wouldn't rule it out completely. Sounds almost like you've fried the ECM.
Yeah I only really had the taillight and headlights out. I’m getting a new set of fairings in (super delayed shipping from China due to covid) and I was just prepping the bike. I’ve seen similar codes being thrown and the cause being the 5v power or it’s ground because it’s connected to all the sensors. Any ideas as to how exactly I could figure out if that’s the issue?

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,536 Posts
Could be coincidence. Battery charged fully? The lighting circuits don't have any impact in the engine systems. If the battery is fully charged, make sure your grounds are good and then go over your work and make sure you didn't cut something.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could be coincidence. Battery charged fully? The lighting circuits don't have any impact in the engine systems. If the battery is fully charged, make sure your grounds are good and then go over your work and make sure you didn't cut something.
Ok so update is pin 30 B/Br was snipped (looked like the previous owner did a electrical tape job). I pulled the pin out and stripped the wire to make a jumper. Made the jumper and I’m still having the same issues. It looks like the pin might be a little damaged also and it’s not seating properly. Based on what I’ve looked up it appears that the B/Br pin 30 is just for the SET and shouldn’t really be creating these issues. Any ideas as to what else it could be? Also I’m trickle charging the battery tonight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts