Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
Uh.... if you want to ride cresson you have 3 basics ways.

Ridesmart
Lone Star Track Days
CMRA

besides that, it'll have to be a private tutoring or lessons going on.
none of the above have anything left going on at MSRC and MSRC's website doesn't show anything either.

the whole "membership" thing, is generally people who have given more money then you or I have spent together since we came into this world.

save your money, for next spring b/c all the 3 listed above have events at all the local tracks.. and more then you can handle.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
The only way to ride there on a membership day is to know a member. I have a friend who's a member and I've ridden out there as a guest of his. It's $25/session if I recall correctly.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
and that's on a bike?

b/c there aren't that many "bike" members... you don't want to ride there on a bike without corner workers or first responders - not to mention most members are going to be cars, so i don't see them blending the two, its completly unsafe.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kidder said:
The only way to ride there on a membership day is to know a member. I have a friend who's a member and I've ridden out there as a guest of his. It's $25/session if I recall correctly.
Thanks Kidder, are sessions 30 min? How's track grip going out after the cars? Do they leave rubber/marbles on the track?:cheers

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
gimpsta said:
and that's on a bike?

b/c there aren't that many "bike" members... you don't want to ride there on a bike without corner workers or first responders - not to mention most members are going to be cars, so i don't see them blending the two, its completly unsafe.
They don't let cars and bikes go out together. We get our own session. There aren't corner workers but they always have an ambulance out there and the view from the tower can see the entire track.

One other thing, my friend has a membership which allows him to go out on a bike or in a car. They don't have bike-only memberships. They have annual memberships, which he has, or lifetime memberships.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
canyon crazy said:
Thanks Kidder, are sessions 30 min? How's track grip going out after the cars? Do they leave rubber/marbles on the track?:cheers
I don't remember how long the sessions are but they're never long enough. We followed a car session with some Corvettes and Porsche 911s and I don't remember any marbles out there. It was perfectly fine.

·
fucked with Dark Dilly and lost
550 Posts
gimpsta said:
and that's on a bike?

if they run it nething like houston....its 30 min for bikes and 30 for cars all day...

and yeah theres no corner workers or ems but i did my first prvt. trackday at msrh and it was bad f'n ass.....i got 3 hours of tracktime without ridin the 1st session or the last....only 20 or so riders in the group all day!!! it was the best trackday i've ever been to....kills ridesmart....there were only a few run offs and one wreck but not serious at all... all bike damage.... i plan on doin more of these type days as oppose to gettin 1 1/2 hour or 2 hours of tracktime with ridesmart....:hammer

·
Banned
885 Posts
:cheers I know man, if you look closely he's got a brembo on. A friend gave him one and he put it on for the the last round.

I wonder how on earth he broke the track record and beat the #1 rider at hallet, won the 6hour at TWS, then won the 1000 superbike championship with that shitty stock m/c? :punk

Attachments

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
well somepeople like continuous long riding with no one... some like a medium amount of riders and want just 20-30min sessions.

If i'm on my own i get bored and my mind wanders. If i have people to focus and work with I actually enjoy it..

i don't know why all the comments about RS and I've never had a problem with them.

And yes, we know Bryan is fast..haha

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
TWISTED METAL said:
hey man whats a good lap time at cresson 3.1 mile track....

counter clock....
hard to say when CMRA hasn't ran it, and with as crazy at is seems. i've heard so many mixed pro's/con's about it anyhow

·
550 Posts
gimpsta said:
well somepeople like continuous long riding with no one... some like a medium amount of riders and want just 20-30min sessions.

If i'm on my own i get bored and my mind wanders. If i have people to focus and work with I actually enjoy it..

i don't know why all the comments about RS and I've never had a problem with them.

And yes, we know Bryan is fast..haha

maybe if u'd ridden at cresson on the 23rd u might have my point of view...oh maybe not...i'm sure cresson isn't a 8hr drive for ya....

i'm not sayin ill never do a rs event just not at cresson.....its too far for too lil tracktime with rs

·
550 Posts
well doens't ty howard have the record there....what is it???

he's about 17-20 sec. faster than me at tws so it i knew what the record is at cresson i might have an idea of what times i can make there....

just curious

·
Banned
885 Posts
James, you tend to miss the overcrowded and overcrashed RS events. They happen more often than most people would like. And some people have to actually pay for their track time :flipoff

A 2:30 is a decent TD pace. I'm willing to bet the big boys can get DEEP into the teens.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.