Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Limpy McTinydick, wants to be a French Canadian
3,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im not much of a drag racer , but last year i was at norwalk raceway park in ohio
and i ran a 10.20 @ 142 mph on my then stock 02 1k and i didnt have the side farings on.
when i got back to the stageing lanes we were waiting for the bikes to run again and some guys walked up to me and were telling me how fast i ran. and they were surprised that it was a naked stock 02 1k.
some people try to tell me that the numbers were fucked up and that i didnt run that mph or the 10.20.
all the rest of my times i ran 10.50 in the high 130s
so i am wondering how 10,20 @ 142 is so far fetched?
but all the guys at the track with streched and slammed busas and gixxers said that my bike must be a factory freak. and they said that i had verry good techinque and almost perfect passes down the track every time.
so what gives why is everone flamming me when i tell them my best time?
i dont have a time slip either because i had like 20 slips in my pocket and tossed them .
oh yeah i also ran a 12somthing at like 120 while doing a wheelie down the track.

·
Registered
99 Posts
don't worry about what they say, they are just mad that you were running faster then them. and as for the time you ran the bike is very capable of that. on a side note what nights are good for bikes over there, i am planning on coming over there for a night, just not sure what night yet and i need to get the rules.

·
Limpy McTinydick, wants to be a French Canadian
3,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
last year it was friday night test and tune, and after 12 they ran grudge matches till 2 am
ill look around for my 2005 flyer i got from them and let you know what is going on.

·
Registered
637 Posts
something definately went really right when you went from 10.5 to a 10.2 and upped mph by 12 mph though, that would most likely be attributed to a better 60' time, you dont get better et at the top end, you get better et in the first 2 gears

·
Registered
988 Posts
Don't worry about what they say. I'm not to far from you(indiana here) and I was running those times and MPH on my stock bike...I weigh 165.

·
Registered
849 Posts
here are a couple of mine from last night at Milan this first one is my first pass of the year and the second would be my best motor pass to date.Oh and dont worry bout the MPH I see it from l;ighter guys all the time that 142 MPH I got has been my best MPH to date as well.I weigh 175 before i am fully suited as well.Also my bike is lowered, 60 inch wheelbase,Akro pipe,air shifter,pc3 custom mapped .

1.71 60ft
4.34 330ft
6.503 1/8th @113.65mph
1000ft 8.38
10.0089 1/[email protected] MPH

1.62 60ft
4.21 330ft
6.35 1/8th @113.96
8.22 1000ft
9.84 1/4 @138.37MPH

Tom

·
Registered
941 Posts
I had problems with my clutch grabbing, but I still managed a 10.9 @ 143 MPH with a 2.1 sec 60'.

I have lowering links and i'm going to install them and strap the front down...I'm also getting a clutch cusion installed on my bike to get rid of the grabby clutch on the 04 and then try my luck again....

·
Registered
941 Posts
I know....I had some of the guys tell me that if I can get the clutch problem fixed and get a 1.5 1.6 60' time I'll be into the 9's and probably be trapping somewhere in the 150's....

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I ran 10.80 on my 04 600. Video is in my signature. Time slip is in a post in this forum.

Scott

·
Registered
637 Posts
i ran a few times with a -1 on the front, and got it to 10.73 @ 131 with no other mods, still stock height, stock swingarm, kn air filter, power commander d&d slip on

·
Registered
7 Posts
last year it was friday night test and tune, and after 12 they ran grudge matches till 2 am
ill look around for my 2005 flyer i got from them and let you know what is going on.
Hey man, how often you go to Norwalk? I'll be there often this summer on my 05 gsxr 600. Maybe we can meet up. I'm hoping to hit 10.70's after the break in period.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts