Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2005 750 and was wondering if anyone elses is off by like 5 MPH. every time i go by a speed sign it says i am doing 5 MPH above what my speedo says, and Im sure because of this i am alos adding up miles that i never drove on my odometer?

adam

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts
i thought that they were 15% off?

·
Registered
218 Posts
it will be off by less at slower speeds. so unless he tell swhat speed he was going vs what was shown.. we have no idea how far off it was percentage wise

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
Mine as well as friends 05 was 10% off
Changed my gearing and now it's more like 13-14%

Get a speedo healer
I haven't cause I don't give a fuk

·
Registered
144 Posts
mine is off by at least 15mph at top speed, dyno read 171mph, speedo read 186mph

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
just ride the freaking thing

my buddies has r1 spliced so the mph reades only 1/2 of the speed and it only acquires 1/2 the milage. So when you hop on his bike and start rolling at 25 you freak out wondering what the heck is up. You can operate a bike plenty fine with out a speedo.

·
Registered
127 Posts
i went by a radar sign and my speedo read 105, but the sign only read 95. maybe 750s and 600s speedos are different, but i doubt it.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Those signs aren't as accurate as a Police Radar inside a Police car. Those are tested and calibrated. The signs are not. Just FYI.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Wierd. My speedo says 75 and I am actually going 75. That's after re-gearing too.

Of course, I have a speedo healer.

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
I talked to a guy with an '03 1000 and he ran it at different speeds with a GPS. His speedometer was always off by about 5 mph....whether he was going 40 or 80. I thought that was weird. Figured as you went faster that the difference would get higher. Not so in his case.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I bought a 2005 750 and was wondering if anyone elses is off by like 5 MPH. every time i go by a speed sign it says i am doing 5 MPH above what my speedo says, and Im sure because of this i am alos adding up miles that i never drove on my odometer?

adam
Maybe your speedo is correct, but the speed sign on the street is off by a few miles?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Its accurate cause when i go with my car its dead on.

I went to the dealer and he told me that all bikes are off a little and theres nothing that can be done.

·
Registered
25 Posts
On my 03 600 my speedo was off by about 7.5%. I checked this with a GPS. My buddies 03 Busa was exactly the same. My 05 750 seems to be inline. I swear its right around 8% for most zuks.

·
PM me for Brotection
57,513 Posts
Those signs aren't as accurate as a Police Radar inside a Police car. Those are tested and calibrated. The signs are not. Just FYI.
Those signs seem to read a little fast from what I've seen. They clock my dirt bike (not street legal, shhhhhhhh) at like 90mph. GPS shows my GSX-R600 speedo at about 10% over. I haven't seen a radar sign to verify, but I trust GPS pretty well. When I'm indicating 100mph, I'm barely passing traffic around here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts