Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About how many MPG should you be getting per tank?
96 750, full Hindle system, jetted, filter, geared 16-44. Very little time in the city, ride in country most of the time.

·
Registered
552 Posts
s750 said:

About how many MPG should you be getting per tank?
96 750, full Hindle system, jetted, filter, geared 16-44. Very little time in the city, ride in country most of the time.
My stock '98 750 got around 16kpl.
With 15/44 around 15kpl.
On the track with 14/46 and a bolt-on muffler around 9kpl.
Hope it helps :)
Be safe,
Larry

·
Registered
982 Posts
christ, when is everyone going to learn the correct units of measurement.
Now what is that in miles per gallon mate.

I bet your the type that would drive on the wrong side of the road too.

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
man, who really gives a fuck about gas mileage. its way better than any car, regardless..... who cares, put the $10 in the tank and just rip the everliving shit out of the GIXXXXXXx

well, for reference, I once got over 160 miles out of one full tank..... but now i race so i dont give one diddle shit about mpg

·
Registered
552 Posts
GdSaXnR said:

:)
I was going to do the conversion but I can never remember which gallon is imperial and which is US and I couldn't bothered looking it up.
You asked the question so you do the math...

I think from memory you multiply by 2.7 so I guess it'd be about 43mpg, 42mpg and 25mpg?
Be safe,
Larry

·
Registered
552 Posts
jp233 said:

man, who really gives a fuck about gas mileage. its way better than any car, regardless..... who cares, put the $10 in the tank and just rip the everliving shit out of the GIXXXXXXx

well, for reference, I once got over 160 miles out of one full tank..... but now i race so i dont give one diddle shit about mpg
I'm with you there :)
But my girlfriend's car gets better mileage then my bike even when it was stock. And the cost of insurance, tyres, chains, sprockets and oil blows the cost of running way out the window. Her car needs a set of tyres (full set for less than one of my rears) every couple of years and a handfull of oil changes is all.
Be safe,
Larry

·
Registered
982 Posts
AusGixxerPilot said:

GdSaXnR said:

:)
I was going to do the conversion but I can never remember which gallon is imperial and which is US and I couldn't bothered looking it up.
You asked the question so you do the math...

I think from memory you multiply by 2.7 so I guess it'd be about 43mpg, 42mpg and 25mpg?
Be safe,
Larry
Just busting balls, at least your system makes sense. (multiples of 10), but the driving on the wrong side shit has to go.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Just busting balls, at least your system makes sense. (multiples of 10), but the driving on the wrong side shit has to go.

[/QUOTE]

That's okay, I didn't take it any other way :)
I'm a carpenter and I can work imperial and metric measurement but when you compare the two imperial really sucks.
I must admit I'd kind of like to try the other side of the road sometimes :)
Be safe mate,
Larry

·
Registered
440 Posts
My bike getws around the same MPG as my '00 ZX2. Between 30-35 or so. Between 140mi. and 150mi. when the light comes on. Doesn't really seem to matter how hard I ride it, it all works out the same.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts