Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on moving to NorCal soon and I live in NY. Should I sell my 2006 GSX600 and buy a used one in Cali or should I just ship it?

Shipping would cost me roughly $700.

My K6 was bought 2 months ago with about 200 miles on it...

What do you think?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
K6blackyellow750 said:
yeah ship it. I live in norcal, what part are you moving to?
Thanks all. I plan on moving near San Fran. New Job. Probably around west of San Jose...

·
Registered
36 Posts
yeah def ship it.. how are you moving? by uhaul? if so maybe you can squeeze it in or if you have a truck just bring it...or have a friend rent a trailer and drive it over... lol and then pay for a airplane ticket for them..that all will cost less then 700 bucks i think..

·
Ditchard the High Maintenance Squirrel
60,366 Posts
^ +1

If you have a trailer...haul that bitch. I take my bike all over the place. I drove 16hrs a couple of weeks ago with my 1k on my trailer. If nothing else, you could prolly rent a uhaul trailer one-way for less than $700.

But no matter what...DON'T sell it, just ship it.

·
Registered
481 Posts
More of the same...ship it. With only 200mi on it, u gonna lose a chunk of $$$, and although I'm sure these things ain't cheap in NY, they definitely not cheap in NorCal. If you can, haul it yourself. I have had moving companies ship two bikes for me over the years, and both times they broke some plastic during the move. I was reimbursed, but it's just a pain in the ass. GL.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.