Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just moved back to Houston, and I have no idea where there's twisties in this town. Can anyone guide me to some decent runs?

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
What part of Houston? There's the forest ride that's off of 105 in Montgomery that's pretty good. Other than that, you're screwed. I love Houston, but I hate it at the same time. It's too damn humid and flat for me.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live on westheimer near hillcroft, but would be wiilingto go somewhere to find curvy roads

·
Registered
481 Posts
There are some nice roads out to the west of town, up to the northeast of Brookshire off I-10. If you ride up toward Round Top or Fayetteville, you can find some hills and curves. If you make it through Fayetteville on Sunday morning, there is a little restaurant on the square that has a good breakfast...

I like to head over to Austin and ride around Lake Travis, but I've been too busy this summer.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What part of Houston? There's the forest ride that's off of 105 in Montgomery that's pretty good.
Can you give me directions from one of the major freeways to this ride?

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
What part of Houston? There's the forest ride that's off of 105 in Montgomery that's pretty good.
Can you give me directions from one of the major freeways to this ride?
Take I 45 north to Conroe, and exit Loop 336. Turn lef onto 336 and take that to 105. When you get to 105, take a left, and it's like 20 or so miles until you get to Montgomery. When you get to Montgomery, turn right at the light and that's it. It will take a few miles before you get into the forest, but it's real nice.

Be careful though because there are a lot of blind curves and cops are REAL bad. I see that you are one, so that might help you out. It's mostly the Montgomery cops, though. I get followed everytime I ride my bike thorough there on my way to College Station.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually, I'm not a cop. I just have an ex colorado state patrol mustang. The po-po and the 5.0 both refer to it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Come out to "Posers Point" which is starbucks on Westeimer and PostOak on friday and saturday nights around 10. Theres usually 20-30 bikes and people will ride out every so often. Plus they discuss group rides out to the twistes for the weekend.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Come out to "Posers Point" which is starbucks on Westeimer and PostOak on friday and saturday nights around 10. Theres usually 20-30 bikes and people will ride out every so often. Plus they discuss group rides out to the twistes for the weekend.
Is this still going on? I'd like to attend if it is.

·
Registered
604 Posts
You can take the full time right turn only "clover Leaf" off of Memorial Drive . If you are in the Galleria area you can get on 610N and exit Memorial Dr. Go towards downtown on Memorial and you will come up on the clover leaf turn. LOADS of fun for about 4 passes, then its lame.
I can get up to 62mph on that turn but I have not tried any faster. I know there are other FREAKS in Houston that can go faster.

I have been out to the FOREST and that is ok, only on weekends you get too many cruisers and road bike using it.

I have been to Brookshire and thats a cool ride...you can see in front of you for miles in a 130mph turn.

And yeah, the POSER spot STARBUCKS on Westheimer and Post Oak. Be sure to wear your Armani clothes and have your bike clean and spotless.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts