Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,374 Posts
Roll up the leg and whip it out the side. Much easier, especially when I have seen racers take a bio break and this way they don't need to take the jersey off then the straps, then getting re-dressed
Been there, done that, never even stopped. You piss all over yourself, but on a muddy MTB race, it's not the nastiest thing on your body.

·
Premium Member
17,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
As quickly as I feel I am ready. I didn't really set a specific limit, but where I live is all hills.. Lots of them.. Long hills.. steep grades..and thats what I have been riding on. I feel like I can do 50 now and not die. And after the 30 yesterday.. I'm not really sore today like I thought I would be.

I am going for a 50 sunday if I have time.. Maybe I will do this century thing within the next 6 weeks before I gotta leave the state for a couple weeks.

·
Shaved Leg Hippie
124,232 Posts
As quickly as I feel I am ready. I didn't really set a specific limit, but where I live is all hills.. Lots of them.. Long hills.. steep grades..and thats what I have been riding on. I feel like I can do 50 now and not die. And after the 30 yesterday.. I'm not really sore today like I thought I would be.

I am going for a 50 sunday if I have time.. Maybe I will do this century thing within the next 6 weeks before I gotta leave the state for a couple weeks.

Sounds like where I grew up in Northern CA

·
Premium Member
17,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Rested my legs yesterday and did weight training. Today I did my 12 mile route again and I found myself sprinting up hills a gear or even 2 gears higher than I did the first time I did the route on top of pedaling downhill harder until I ran out of gear in places I rested before.. Happy to already notice progress.

·
Shaved Leg Hippie
124,232 Posts
You will notice better fitness and cardio work if you don't push the higher gear, but if you spin faster.

·
Premium Member
17,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Yea.. Thanks for the advice..

I have read a lot on some bike forums lately and have been working on spinning faster..

What I meant however was that I was even in a high gear while climbing and spinning faster. Going to stick to 12-20 mile trips the rest of this week due to finals.. But as soon as they are over I will go back to working on some distance again. I've also been lifting 3 days a week on top of my rides and am still running some.. In total I have been working out about 2 hours per day, but the weight is falling off and I am noticing significant gains everywhere.. I think I finally have a program I can stick with for a long time.

Cutting out my 4 mile runs is one of the best things I have ever done. I can ride a bike and still feel like working out afterwards.

·
Premium Member
17,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Did a century finally.... Then I got a job so I have less time each day and I got a treadmill for the winter.. Will pick the cycle back up when days get longer and warmer again... would like to try for a double century this summer. Honestly I forgot all about this thread.

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Did a century finally.... Then I got a job so I have less time each day and I got a treadmill for the winter.. Will pick the cycle back up when days get longer and warmer again... would like to try for a double century this summer. Honestly I forgot all about this thread.
Cool! Good to see you at it.:cheers

·
I like to put tampons in my ears!
5,197 Posts
41 - 60 of 84 Posts
About this Discussion
83 Replies
22 Participants
K5cpt
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing