Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,744 Posts
Oh, the 'safety gear' video you posted was actually you, like this one.

If you concentrated on your riding instead of constantly talking, you'd have a better ride, which in turn would make your video closer to worth watching. I might have made it through this video, since the fall colors are actually nice but who wants to listen to some random guy talking non-stop about nothing..... to the point where it's adversely affecting your ride?

Case in point:As with your safety video, I started skimming within 30 seconds and at 8:30, I happened to catch you almost riding off the road in a totaly gentle, slow turn?!?!? No, you weren't 'coming in too hot' as you claim :facepalm You just froze in a slow, gentle turn and almost rode into the woods. :spit

As I said above, "less talk and more ride". That's something you should maybe discuss in your safety video :lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you dislike motovlogs! Thanks for the feedback nevertheless.

You're right I didn't go in too hot, rather I froze... or I went in too hot for the level of attention I was paying to the ride. Which is a mistake I humbly admit.

Maybe you should watch my track vids instead, zero talking, 100% riding:

·
----------------
1,761 Posts
Most of the motovlog videos I've seen are boring, people tooling around the streets bullshitting to themselves. However my wife just got me a GoPro and I took it on a test ride the other day and have to admit it's pretty damn cool.

·
Super Moderator
14,990 Posts
Keep practicing on the track. Don't worry about riding hard on the street. Cool videos.

·
7,744 Posts
Most of the motovlog videos I've seen are boring, people tooling around the streets bullshitting to themselves. However my wife just got me a GoPro and I took it on a test ride the other day and have to admit it's pretty damn cool.
I've had gopros since the original non HD hero and while I do think it's cool to review my track days, ski-dooing up north in the gorgeous scenery etc... you'd never hear me having a conversation with myself with the goal of posting it online..... in the hopes that people will actually watch it :twitch

It's a lot like public masturbation - who the hell wants to see that? :dunno

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've had gopros since the original non HD hero and while I do think it's cool to review my track days, ski-dooing up north in the gorgeous scenery etc... you'd never hear me having a conversation with myself with the goal of posting it online..... in the hopes that people will actually watch it :twitch

It's a lot like public masturbation - who the hell wants to see that? :dunno
It's just not your thing. That's okay. Different strokes for different folks!

I make these videos for myself, to create memories. I've had a hard drive go bad on me before due to a head crash and lost all my car & biks vids I had since I was 16. Whatever wasn't on YouTube is permanently gone.

If people watch my stuff and enjoy it - great, if not, they can watch something else.

:smile:

·
7,744 Posts
It's just not your thing. That's okay. Different strokes for different folks!
Yup, indeed - you're not the first to do so, of course

Watch those right turns in the woods :thumbup

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup, indeed - you're not the first to do so, of course

Watch those right turns in the woods :thumbup
For sure. Had I been more focused I would have leaned the bike a bit more and made the turn no problem. Luckily this was a lesson learned, without consequences.

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
Love my Gopro mounted on the nose of my bike. Obviously, there is no talking, but I'm a believer now that I caught a unicorn on film, (HD guy lowsiding on the dragon).

I also don't get too interested in vlogs. The commentary almost feels/sounds forced often times. But more power to ya for making g memories and not getting butt hurt about difference of opinions.

Keep your brain on the road. Would have hated to see you smoke a tree or a deer or some shit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts