Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Post up pictures and prices of what you use to store your bike?

Here's our Aluminum PRO-Race Stands, $110 shipped from www.motodracing.com!

• Includes both Front Fork Stand and Rear "Y" Stand
  • Lightweight yet strong, approx. 3.5lbs per stand
  • Features high-speed polyurethane wheels on bearings for super smooth roll action.
  • Wide design means they are rock solid STABLE! > don't trust your precious bike to wobbly stands!

·
I'm Sticking Around
1,665 Posts
Post up pictures and prices of what you use to store your bike?

Here's our Aluminum PRO-Race Stands, $110 shipped from www.motodracing.com!

• Includes both Front Fork Stand and Rear "Y" Stand
  • Lightweight yet strong, approx. 3.5lbs per stand
  • Features high-speed polyurethane wheels on bearings for super smooth roll action.
  • Wide design means they are rock solid STABLE! > don't trust your precious bike to wobbly stands!
Those are NICE!

I had Econo front and rear stands and paid $90 for both last year. I included them in the sale of my bike back in March.

This just may be my Christmas gift to me!

Ed

Attachments

·
I'm Sticking Around
1,665 Posts
Yeah, they did...I had to tighten the bolts real good and then I was GTG. I'm on a tight budget so this purchase would be great for an extra $20.

My current bike has it's own stand but I am tempted to get these. Lemme think about it!

Ed

·
Ditchard the High Maintenance Squirrel
60,366 Posts
I use Pit Bull stands. Always have. Made in the USA and their quality is top notch, not to mention they aren't "knock offs".

Their support for WERA/road racing is great.

I still have the original Pit Bull stand I bought a long time ago. No telling how many times it has been used, dropped and it even fell out of the back.of the truck going 45mph 2 years ago...still in excellent condition.

·
Ditchard the High Maintenance Squirrel
60,366 Posts
Here's mine.

Attachments

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts
The stands look nice. I have T-Rex & LP stands. I have to ask, what kind of speed are your high speed wheels rated for?? :p

1,931 Posts
Can these rear stands lift the bike without having to use the rear spools?

Kinda like the pitbull stands that can use spools and a red pad. My bike has broken spool tabs, so maybe these arent an option for me.

They look sick though, i might buy the front stand only.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
I still have the Checkeredflag Motorsports stands that Scott used to sell on here way back when. I bought them in 2005 and they've worked perfect ever since. Very solid.

·
Premium Member
18,689 Posts
Used checkered flag, redline, vortex, LP, dmp stands. Have one set of just about everything and never had one issue with any of them. It's basically just bent metal and no need to over think it. As i've always said, half the people who make such a huge deal about putting their 12k bike on hundreds of dollars worth of stands will put their 30k+ car on 20 dollar auto value jack stands LOL.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I got some generic brand when I bought my bike. But I'm with GSXR7ED, I just went with a chinese one for the front. I'm sure the higher end ones are more stable, but I don't have to do 10-15 sec pit stops every other month either.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Man, I really hate that rear stand. Most difficult thing to use, ever.

Same as Magnum's......I would have loved to launch that stupid stand into outer space if it meant never having to use it again lol.

·
Viking Foreign Affairs Attaché
4,047 Posts
The lone Abba user enters the ring...:lol
This gets used over my normal paddock stand every time.

Attachments

·
I'm Sticking Around
1,665 Posts
You probably got the set you have for free...and nice bike, btw. Love the white with a hint of blue. Since I didn't win Powerball, I'm gonna have to save for a bike like yours.

Ed

1 - 20 of 45 Posts