Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey are the winter bike shows here in the states worth the admission price? The NEC in England had nekkid chicks, Ghostrider's bike, chopper and other custom build off's, and ALL the new models as well as awesome discounts on gear/parts. Just looking for opinions!

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I usually go but seem to be disappointed alot more often than not. definately no nekkid chicks a few brolly dolly types but nothing risque- americans are WAY too uptight for that. sounds like you may be new here so let me give you the rundown: violence is ok, boobies are bad. don't ask me why.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I was disappointed in the MotorTrend International Car Show that advertised a "Motorcycle Hall" which in turn was a room with an Agust MV, a Duc and a few custom choppers, and about 40 scooters. It was worthless to go to just for that. The only good show for bikes is the one in Vegas, I forgot the name, but all the vendors and manufactures show for that one.

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts
I go the the show in NYC almost every year just to see and sit on what might be my next racebike. As long as the asshats from OCC don't show up, it's not too bad, you just have to get there early to avoid the crowds.

Plus they sell beer.....so ya can leave with a nice BUZZ!!!!

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts
lambo said:
which and when is that show njracer?
Here is the dates for all of the shows:

November 3-5Cardinals Stadium, Phoenix, AZNovember 10-12Reliant Center, Houston, TX*November 17-19Fort Worth Convention Center, Fort Worth, TXDecember 1-3Qwest Field & Event Center, Seattle, WADecember 8-10Long Beach Convention Center, Long Beach, CADecember 15-17San Mateo County Expo Center, San Mateo, CAJanuary 5-7Rock Financial Showplace, Novi, MIJanuary 12-14Washington Convention Center, Washington D.C.January 19-21Jacob K. Javits Center, New York, NYJanuary 26-28IX Center, Cleveland, OHFebruary 2-4Minneapolis Convention Center, Minneapolis, MNFebruary 9-11Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, Chicago, ILFebruary 23-25Georgia World Congress Center, Atlanta, GA

·
Professional Baby Maker
17,741 Posts
All the shows I have been to have been displaying next years model. It sometimes intrigues me enough to go, or if I am really bored that day. But for the most part I wont go anymore.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i got these pics at the NEC in england in '04: They also had a MX stunt competition, trails exhibitions, fashion shows, meet n greet with Shane Byrne, Neil Hodgson, Colin Edwards, Foggy, ect, a Harley Dance group, mini-moto ride, KTM super Moto ride (free for those with full leathers on), and a Speed contest to see who could change out a set of rims the fastest on a stock superbike.

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
nice, im guessing thats for 07? i'll be there!

njracer said:

November 3-5Cardinals Stadium, Phoenix, AZNovember 10-12Reliant Center, Houston, TX*November 17-19Fort Worth Convention Center, Fort Worth, TXDecember 1-3Qwest Field & Event Center, Seattle, WADecember 8-10Long Beach Convention Center, Long Beach, CADecember 15-17San Mateo County Expo Center, San Mateo, CAJanuary 5-7Rock Financial Showplace, Novi, MIJanuary 12-14Washington Convention Center, Washington D.C.January 19-21Jacob K. Javits Center, New York, NYJanuary 26-28IX Center, Cleveland, OHFebruary 2-4Minneapolis Convention Center, Minneapolis, MNFebruary 9-11Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, Chicago, ILFebruary 23-25Georgia World Congress Center, Atlanta, GA

·
He Who Touches Himself
6,620 Posts
Who here in SoCal will be going to the Long Beach show?

·
Registered
542 Posts
njracer said:

Damnit! No Florida shows.... I just don't get it, Fl is one of the highest motorcycle per capita states, and they don't have the show there?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.