Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have insight into the vinyl seat covering material that was used on 2005 era GSXRs? I have the 20th Anniversary edition 750, but I am quite sure the seat material is no different from the other 600/750 bikes that model. After a crash and change in fairing color, I wrapped the seat with a quality vinyl that was used on my boat restoration project, as the light blue would no longer work with the new fairing colors.. I like the OE material better. The OE material is stippled or sand textured, I presume to facilitate easy movement across the saddle for cornering posture left to right to left. The appearance and perceived quality is better as well. There is definitly a difference in the friction coefficient between the two materials. My local auto uphoistery shop simply said he did not have it, elaborating no further. I have not found anyone specializing in motorcycles locally, Greenville SC.

Any imput on what that material is actually called or a good online source would be helpful.

Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts