Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 of my friends told me that if you are 21 and have a valid driver's license, that i dont have to have a motorcycle license!(AL)
Does anyone know if this is true or not. I thought i would post instead of driving all the way down to the DMV. thanks

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
oh, sure, and i dont need a license to drive a rig in KS

if driving to the DMV to find out bothers you, why dont you call??

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Originally posted by alister:
i'm legit, i'm legit as of this morning! i picked up my Missouri permit. too bad it's 23 degrees outside.

ken
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">gratz

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Originally posted by alister:
i'm legit, i'm legit as of this morning! i picked up my Missouri permit. too bad it's 23 degrees outside.

ken
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Congrats man-now you have a license to wheelie

-Spooner

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am gonna take the MSF course but that is not what i was refering to. Anyways I need whatever my friends are smoking because I went to the DMV and they said that i still have to take the licensing test

·
Registered
756 Posts
Wheelie..hah..you're getting ahead of me. I'm getting paranoid in my old (26 years) age.
I want to take the safety course too so I don't have to take the skills/driving test in addition to the insurance breaks here in Missouri. Too bad it's $200 and booked for two months!

ken

·
Registered
212 Posts
Here in Cali it costs $198 for first timers over the age of 21. If your under 21 I believe it costs only $80 but hold me to that.

·
Registered
843 Posts
when i took the MSF cource here in NY i believe it cost me between $200-$300....not sure of the exact figure, and if you passed the test at the end of the class you didnt have to take a seperate road test....it was part of the class.....but regardless of cost it was well worth it and i recommend it to everyone i know

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey, Wanting, where are you in VA? The prices are weird. I called for NOVA and it they said $90. I called for Richmond and they said $75. Well, both are convienment to me so I'm gonna take the one for $75. I'm talking about the basic course that also exempts you from the on-bike part of the dmv liscensing. I have to wait until June or July to take it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
DAMN!!! thats expensive....in Illinois the safety courses are FREE!!!....i couldnt imagine paying $200-300!!! thats highway robbery!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Here in Reno, NV if you are stopped without a license they can impound your bike and revoke your regular license. This usually dosn't happen, but I would suggest getting your motorcycle license.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got my permit, rode around on a Harley 1200 for awhile. Took the riding test on a 98 F3 and have been riding a Seca 2 around for some time. I'll take the MSF course when there's spots and then I'll get my 2K 750.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts