Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Motor swap complete. \'03 GSXR Alstare Hybrid

The beautiful motor swapped in!

I didn't take as many pix as I should have, but I was horribly stinky/nasty during this time, as I spent at least 12 hours in the garage in unusual Texas heat, which is still continuing now.

She runs pretty good, only put down 140hp to the wheel though. 75 or 76 torque though. I'm pretty happy with that, especially since I have the stock 600 can (which may be the same for the 1000, still don't have confirmation of that yet).

I believe I am the first hybrid Alstare in the world, next to the professional Alstare/Corona team. Hopefully a pipe/full system will bump up the power a bit, maybe a PC3R too, but that won't be for a few months.

It wasn't too hard, considering I had never swapped anything into anything before. Jon at hybridracing (crazy2wheeler) is badass to deal with, along with L-W and HateMyHarley. They all gave wonderful advice and helped when I needed it most, thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
Re: Motor swap complete. \'03 GSXR Alstare Hybrid

Congrats on Your new powerplant!..Tell Us what was the difference in the swap using the 03-04 stuff instead of 01-02 1000??

I'am doing this over the winter to My 03 600,and would like to know!!

·
Registered
740 Posts

Oh yeah what a sleeper it is and glad that everything worked out for you. Like i said before anytime you need some parts ya know what my garage looks like and if you remember if you seen it in there then its as good as yours. hope to see ya out on the streets

·
Registered
447 Posts

awesome, me and hatemyharley are gonna come up to austin and ride with ya sometime, too bad i'll be the only one left with a sixxer, but hopefully that will change soon enough. good lookin bike

·
Registered
1,203 Posts

Looks good, there's one in the Tampa area, had my ass handed over to me a couple of days ago
I'm thinking of doing it to mine.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

ERacer. The motor was from an 02 1000, and everything plug and played well, except for the airbox. You *must* use a 750 airbox.not the 600 or 1000. My motor came with everything, radiator, header, ecu, wiring harness, everything. When you decide to start, let me know!

L-W - Thanks again man. You are the parts god. Lemme know when you wanna go cruising around, I'm down.

Rip11 - You guys should definitely come up soon. Just let me know when, I have weekends off!

8Ball - You'd be the 2nd Telefonica to do the swap, since HateMyHarley beat ya to it. Let us know when you begin, plenty of help from these guys!

Matt

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts

Oh..I thought I read it was a 03 Motor!!

I think I'am just going to get the 01-02 Motor to make it easy!!

Thanks and I'll look You up if I need help!!

·
Banned
493 Posts

BIKE LOOKS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i'm glad you got it done..............
we may have to delay the ride, i picked up a nail yesterday

i wanted to tell you to watch out for the bolt that holds the lower part of the midpipe on...... mine was too close to the fairing and started melting it.... i rotated the clamp around and shimmed the fairing bolt out a little.........
just something to look for so you don't end up with a little melted hole like me.........ummmm.........
have fun watch the tire wear out really fast.........
OHH and the can is made for the 600/750 , the 1k stock can has different baffles in it
i'll let you know when i get a new set of tires so we can ride on a nice weather weekend.......
have fun !!!!!!!!! HYBRIDS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
493 Posts

BIG
TO CRAZEY2WHEELER AND HIS COMPANY FOR MAKING IT ALL POSSIBLE

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts

Was wondering how these bikes get titled? Are they titled as 600s, or 1000s? I would assume as a 600. Would make a helluva difference in insurance premium.

·
Banned
493 Posts

600--------- and if anyone here works for the insurance people..........BUG OFF

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts

HateMyHarley said:
600--------- and if anyone here works for the insurance people..........BUG OFF
That makes the conversion a BIG PLUS for the young crowd especially. Damn, you guys have me thinking on this one......

·
Banned
493 Posts

YES SIR..................... and as stated above i will help in any way, i want as many of these bikes on the road as possibel..........
hell.........mail me the bitch and i'll do the whole job

·
Banned
493 Posts

if you really get down to it....... its cheaper (a little) to buy a used 600 and install a 1k motor (considering you do the work yourself) than it is to buy a used 1k with the same or less milage........
save on insurance, initial price, not to mention the plusses of having a 180mm tire and the short wheel base

·
Banned
1,979 Posts

HateMyHarley said:
BIG
TO CRAZEY2WHEELER AND HIS COMPANY FOR MAKING IT ALL POSSIBLE
I'm here to help out all you horsepower junkies like myself
I bet it's a blast smoking all those unsuspecting 600s, 750s and bigger bikes!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

She pulls the front up in 3rd like she used to in 2nd. I'm almost 100% sure that 4th is possible. I'm sure the 600 swingarm helps

I'll post some better pictures tonight.

·
Registered
740 Posts

I am used to mines now hahah Matt I think i will add that bottle to mines now so not only I will have a 1k 750 but with 40 shot and whoa what a feeling. when yall come i wanna roll with yall to tear up the san marcos austin area.

·
Banned
493 Posts

I'M READY!!!!! i ordered my new tires yesterday.... they should be here friday and if they are i'll hurry to get them on that day and we'll ride.......

·
Registered
1,203 Posts

HateMyHarley said:
YES SIR..................... and as stated above i will help in any way, i want as many of these bikes on the road as possibel..........
hell.........mail me the bitch and i'll do the whole job

What's your address....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts