Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Who will win the championship?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So going into Aragon, Marquez is leading by 43 points, although his last few races haven't been what they should have. Rossi has cut into his lead a little, so it looks like a two-horse race.

I think Marquez has learned his lessons over the past two seasons, and no longer has the "Win it or bin it" mentality, which should help out.

So who do you think will win the title this season?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Marquez will win... He is hard to beat, with such advantage i think it is too difficult for Rossi to overcome... Lorenzo is out... Rossi is stronger than him this year... I'm huge Lorenzo fan, but these last couple years Rossi is making me cheer for him too... Never thought he could fight with Lorenzo and Marquez when he was moving back to Yamaha...

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
125 potential points left to grab. 43 point lead. Rossi is going to have to win most to even have any chance. Even if Rossi were to win outright the championship is not is not fully in his control. Marquez and other will have to "help" out. Stranger things have happened but I see maturity in Marquez this year. I cannot see him throwing it away.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Marquez would have to crash out of 2 races with rossi finishing first to even things up...marquez has been on fire this year and a joy to watch while lorenzo has struggled.

·
I want Rossi to fuck my ass...
1,375 Posts
Marquez has shown great maturity. Rossi has to be on point to get close, and I would not be surprised if it came down to last round. But with the amount of winners this season, it really could be exciting.

P.s. Lorenzo is a bitch and his true colors have shown this season

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
although Rossi is faster than Marquez overall this year,this only happens when he doesn't fall. :D :lol:
so yeah Marquez.
Where the hell are you getting this from? Look at the lap times and pole positions. Marc is way faster than Rossi.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Where the hell are you getting this from? Look at the lap times and pole positions. Marc is way faster than Rossi.

I'm talking about race results this year. WHEN Rossi doesn't hit the ground or blows an engine he finishes higher than Mark. As far as pole positions Mark is already in front of Rossi and Jorge and he has many more years left!

I was just talking about race results this year when Rossi does not have dnf. I just wanted to point out that his performance this year is better than previous 5-6 years.
:cheers:

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm talking about race results this year. WHEN Rossi doesn't hit the ground or blows an engine he finishes higher than Mark. As far as pole positions Mark is already in front of Rossi and Jorge and he has many more years left!

I was just talking about race results this year when Rossi does not have dnf. I just wanted to point out that his performance this year is better than previous 5-6 years.
:cheers:
Yes... Apart from the DNFs, Rossi fastest this year... He is qualifying much much better this year too!

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes... Apart from the DNFs, Rossi fastest this year... He is qualifying much much better this year too!
Qualifying better than who? Marquez has 6 pole positions this year...

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SPOILER!!!

Another nail in the coffin today, huh?

Marquez made everyone else look pretty stupid today...

:biggrin

:punk

·
I want Rossi to fuck my ass...
1,375 Posts
I only got to see the last 5 laps so not much to comment on the race, but as far as the championship goes, Marquez will win.

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sorry for the lack of "spoiler alert" and miswriting Maverick Vinales number, he is 25...

Does your bike brand biases the rider you cheer for? I mean... I'm a big Lorenzo fan since 2008... Since then i've watched every single race, most of them live, a few, for major issues, after a few hours on my DVR (Some years i subscribed to video pass)... Since i got the Suzuki i'm cheering for MV25 as my second favorite rider... Well, next year there will many changes in the teams, MV25 is moving to Yamaha and i'm pretty sure the riders i will cheer for will be Jorge and Rins (He was my second moto2 rider after Luis Salom, RIP, and now he will be moving up to Suzuki)...

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nah, I don't care about bike brand. I have riders that I like, be it their riding style, talent, or persona.

·
Banned
3,858 Posts
Rossi's DNFs have not helped. If MM has a couple that may really even up the championship.

Pole positions are not everything. You can set up for a one lap wonder, but have a race set-up that is overall slower.

The great surprise was Vinales and the GSX-RR. That thing is as fast as the Honda now. But you could see later he couldn't get the front to turn, or was it over-steer from a poor rear running him wide?

EDIT: Rossi almost won it last year except for his stupid brain fart when MM was dicing with him.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
About this Discussion
33 Replies
11 Participants
Ryan...
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing