Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mr Creepy McCreep
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently bought some new stands for my bike and decided to go with some of the MOTO-D brand stands, they arrived withing like 2 days from my order date :biggrin and are very nice quality. its all aluminum with everything being tig welded, and all powder coated black on top of that. i had only one complaint with the stands and it was something minor dealing with the wheel assembly but it was an easy fix.

i didn't like how the wheel assembly was set up, it had entirely too much slack and the wheel would slide off of the bushing.

so i ended up by first putting a 5/16 by 1 1/2 fender washer on both sides of the wheel which sandwiched the inner bushing and keeping it firmly inside the wheel and then i put one more 1/4 regular flat washed on each side between the 5/16 fender washer and the rubber spacer that came with the stands. so it was from left to right rubber spacer, 1/4 washer, 5/16 fender washer, wheel, 5/16 fender washer, 1/4 washer, rubber spacer. this took up all the slop in the wheel assembly when tightened back down.

this was a simple fix i believe anyone could do with some common sense and a little "know how" but i greatly appreciate your speedy service as well as a very great overall product.

my old stands were a set of PSR economical stands front/rear which were the same price but less than half the quality.

http://motodracing.com/accessories.html#ecwid:category=460812&mode=product&product=11989928

·
Mr Creepy McCreep
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's a few pics of my girl up on the new stands

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
My front pit-bull stand was stolen at a track day and I'm looking for a new one. How does the Moto D compare to the Pit Bull front stand?

·
Banned
10,466 Posts
damn people steal shit at trackdays now? :thumbdown

while nothing compares to a Pitbull stand, the stands you see nowadays from great vendors like MotoD or MJMotoGear are extremely nice quality and they are taking paddocks and garages by storm. It's a great product and piece of mind for the money.

·
Mr Creepy McCreep
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My front pit-bull stand was stolen at a track day and I'm looking for a new one. How does the Moto D compare to the Pit Bull front stand?
idk as far as the pit bull stand i have yet to have one, but the moto d stand is night and day compared to my psr stand. this one is a square tubing design i guess so that the stand has more surface area to be more stable. i would recommend it for only 120 for the set IMO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts