Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, 2 weeks ago I bought a 520 conversion kit for the bike. I also bought the Motion Pro chain breaker/chain press tool. I have no idea what the nomeclature is of it, but it does both...came in a blue plastic container with everything. The thing is...I have no instructions for it and have no idea how to use it...I have a small clue, but I don't want to fuck up my new chain. Does anyone know how to use this thing or have a link to the instructions to it? I went to Motion Pro and all they had was a chain break instructions and it wasn't for the tool I bought. I bought this tool off of ebay, so the instructions were probably lost by the previous owner who only used it once. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :biggrin

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
ya.. what he said...

hey nj, i can't figure out what hole to put it in? anyway i can call you tonight and you can walk me through it? this is the first time my man has said yes to letting me pitch. I wanna get it right!

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts
gimpsta said:
ya.. what he said...

hey nj, i can't figure out what hole to put it in? anyway i can call you tonight and you can walk me through it? this is the first time my man has said yes to letting me pitch. I wanna get it right!
You will need to talk to Jimmy about pitching (not my cup of tea).....I hear he is an expert at it.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
man i never even visited this thread, and nj just starts making random comments about me.

i think he has a fettish or something?? wow - i feel insecure and afraid now. and i'm over 1000 miles away from him!

·
PM me for Brotection
57,513 Posts
Is it really that hard? One side has a rectangular piece with a notch down it. That goes on the back side. Then you've got a piece with 2 holes, the posts stick out thru the holes when you press the plate on. Then you've got the anvil and punch piece that peins the rivet post out. Just be careful about putting the O/X rings on and don't crank the plate down too hard and damage them.

Also, don't bother with the knurled handle, use a wrench to hold the body of the tool and another wrench or ratchet to turn it. And don't forget to grease the threads before using the tool.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.