Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How or what can i do to get more torgue out of the bike?? Alot of the mods ive seen are for hp gains but none for torgue.

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
buy a v-twin

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Gearing will shift the "thurst" curve to the left, giving better accel. But with torque... as the old saying goes

There's no replacement for displacement

Aka, if u want more torque, u need more cc.

KaTz

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
i know this is too the extreme but stroke the motor that requires much money.

[ 10-18-2002, 05:38 AM: Message edited by: audi1031 ]

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Well with our bike (HIGH rpm and short stroke) you worry more about HP then you do torque... It is just part of it... You would have to work really hard to get good gains on torque...

John

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmmmm. Well i dont want to stroke it out, a 1000 is out of the question, v-twin is nice but i think the sprocket is the best way to go for me i guess. The thing is that at low rpm's when i rip it open it doesnt take off like i want it to. Its kind of like a little 1.6 liter civic engine. You got to rev the hell out of it to get anywhere plus low end they have nothing but u rip open a z-28 or an SS you feel the torque at low rpm's and thats what i want. I dont know maybe im asking too much from a 750 engine.

·
Registered
691 Posts
They are a little lazy off idle,but it has that "oh shit,my grips not tight enough" feel after 6K,as you probably know
Lower gearing will do wonders for you too,like you want

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
v8= more cylinders that give you more torque 4bangers has to rev the piss outta it to get that type of torque,but like freak said thats the nature of it. I have alot of friends who see me run mines and think i am dogging the crap outta it but that is not the case as with alot people i know have kawasaki and such that have a better low end than ours

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah i rode an older zx-9r and it pulled alot harder at lower rpm's but then again its a 900, more cc= +hp\+torgue. I think ill just get the front sprocket for now and when i change my chain ill go 2 or 3 upn the back and get a stock size front sprocket just to lighten things up alittle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts