Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone had problems other than 2nd gear? i had mine fixed and now 4 thousand miles later i have a violent vibration in the motor somewhere.the bike has 11k on it now and i've cut out the dealer and complaned right to suzuki. what a load of crap!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have heard of a lot of people haveing problems with 2nd gear.I personaly haven't had one problem with mine.I have a 00750 also #300 is the vin #.I have 15500 on it.Track days, raceing it, it has just held up.I am a little worried about it though.
I was wondering have you checked your cluch plate.Worn cluch plate will have the same affect,as the horse power comes on.It might be worth checking befor you crack the motor open again.Another area is a cloged fuel injector.This will have the same affect.Sorry to hear about your problems with your baby.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Fix your screen name, you are screwing up the rest of the board. Get with BigTime, he was having some major motor vibration issues. He finally had it pinpointed down to the motor mounts were to be tightened in a certain sequence and that fixed his problem, but check with him to see if you have the same problem

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
massive vibration could also be a damaged clutch basket....pull off the clutch cover, remove the clutch plates and discs, and inspect both the inner and outer baskets. if you see broken pieces, then you've found the problem. (the outer basket rotates with the crankshaft so any damage to it will be noticeable especially at higher rpm's.)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think i fixed my screen name. sorry.ah yes it all makes sense now. i bet that is the problem.i was hammering the clutch when it started to viberate. thanx!! you guys are so smart!!!!

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
what exactly is the 2nd gear problem with the 00 gsxr 750 and what exactly is the fix for it ? I had in my recent posts posted about having 2nd gear problems. I would like to know what people have done to fix it

·
Highly unstable
32,025 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by divein6:
what exactly is the 2nd gear problem with the 00 gsxr 750 and what exactly is the fix for it ? I had in my recent posts posted about having 2nd gear problems. I would like to know what people have done to fix it<hr></blockquote>

the problem is with the engagement dogs on the back of second and sixth gear. they get all boogered up(very technical term) and then it causes gear slippage. im not 100% sure about all the details, but jeff knows just about everything so im sure he can fill you in. or you can do a search and im sure youll find a million topics on it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts