Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working with a new camera and took some more shots of my 05 750.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Explain to us how you did the plate holder looks like an L bracket, looks really good

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I picked up a med size alum L bracket and bent it in a vice almost on a 45. I cut the end off that would vertical so it wouldnt go past the exhaust bracket mounting hole. I did have to drill two new holes in the bracket in order to use the existing holes in the plate. I made the hole in the bracket the same size as the bolt for the stock exhaust can to try and keep it looking clean. I can take a close up pic if you want.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey 007 what part of CT you from man? I live in North Haven, it's right down near New Haven. We should hook up for a ride sometime.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
can't the plate get in the way? i mean if all you do is cruise then oh well, but i guess for me I wouldn't have the plate there.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Very cool idea for the plate mount. I have been struggle with mine (factory turn signal and tag since i install an undertray on my 01 750.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
ok once again, don't u want a little safety from a lowside? plus if you have any lean angle beyond turning at an intersection - that could be an ugly sight.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The location of the plate is no more than the location of your stock can would be at. I dont see where you thnik it would hit the ground, dont forget you are looking at a pic and it looks a bit bigger, take your plate on your bike and hold it like I have mine mounted and maybe you will see what I am talking about. Anyways if you dont like it thats your opinion.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
i'm not bashing it, to each his own. I will say that i've heard through the talk of bike nights, of guys getting tickets for improper placement of their vehicle tags.

but the possible lean angle problem looks scary. I guess i'd need to lean the bike over and see.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wasnt getting mad I wanted to be sure myself it was safe. I have also heard about the plate location and getting tickets, but I do have to say I see a lot of Harleys and choppers in weird places so I would try to put up a fight if I got pulled over for it.
Dam I wish we had more bike cruise nights around me, the only thing I see a lot of is car show and cruise nights. Maybe I should just move to Texas also.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
I wasnt getting mad I wanted to be sure myself it was safe. I have also heard about the plate location and getting tickets, but I do have to say I see a lot of Harleys and choppers in weird places so I would try to put up a fight if I got pulled over for it.
Dam I wish we had more bike cruise nights around me, the only thing I see a lot of is car show and cruise nights. Maybe I should just move to Texas also.
we got to many
i hardly attend for all the posers

we do how ever have 3 tracks in the Dallas/College Station area.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts