Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nope, I have zero pictures (available right this minute) and not even a thousand words but for what it's worth... K5'S rock! I bought my blk/red k5 exactly 2 months ago and I haven't really had time to ride the [email protected] out of it due to work, family, and a recently healed collarbone that I fractured at a trackday. I rode it a few times here and there and I also let my friends whore it out while I was busy/hurt due to my generous nature, lol.

Initially, I thought the bike was A BEAST and was easily the fastest, sweetest, most responsive bike I'd ever ridden. The k5 isn't as hard on the eyes as I thought it'd be but I still intended to add a lttle flavor to the bike. Bone stock, the bike was as fast or faster than many of my friends who have worked up older 1k's, zx10's, r1's, etc but good googly moogly, after installing my full Titanium Arata system and power commander, the bike is just EVIL!!! I didn't use a custom map, but instead, had a Akrapovic Evo 2 map downloaded and it seems fine throughout the powerband! I didn't encounter any FI codes/lights and that was such a relief after hearing about so many pc's being effed up. The fit and finish of the system is simply BEAUTIFUL. I have the ti can on now due to an error in the order, but it will be replaced within a few days with the dry cf can that I ordered. The ti can flows with the lines of the bike but I still plan to knock a few inches off of the cf can once I receive it!

Along with the pipe and pc, I also have a clear zero gravity db screen, shogun bar ends, slider, swing arm spools ALL to go along with the best thing I've done to distinguish my bike from all the other k5's... I ordered a custom "tapeworks" type sticker kit in kawasaki green to replace all the stock red stuff and I can't tell u what a difference it makes as far as sex appeal! EVERYONE loves the bike with the sticker kit. I removed all of the red factory stickers and replaced them with the green and I also had a few extra green suzuki "S" to put over the "S" on both sides of the tank. I put a "S" on the fender, seat cowl, and tail section as well.

All in all, I think I'm done for now as far as upgrades go. The stock suspension feels wonderful on the streets but if I end up taking it to the track, I'll probably get the shock/forks done. I'll take a few pics this weekend if I have time.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I HAVE THE SAME BIKE AND PIPE SPENT 2 HRS BUILDING AN AWSOME MAP ON THE DYNO WOULD BE HAPPY TO GIVE IT TO YA IF YOU WANA TRY IT

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey RAZZ750 do you think the exhaust made a big difference? Cannon seems really excited on it!!!

P.S. Can I be your friend Canon?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[email protected], THANKS!!! Did u try other maps or just that one? Are u leaving the pipe alone or plan to cut it. Honestly, it flows wonderfully as it is but I HAVE to chop a few inches off.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
suavedee... what are u doing with your bike? aren't u a dc street vet? I think i recognize ya handle from a dcsr yahoo group.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Nope, I have zero pictures (available right this minute) and not even a thousand words but for what it's worth... K5'S rock! I bought my blk/red k5 exactly 2 months ago and I haven't really had time to ride the [email protected] out of it due to work, family, and a recently healed collarbone that I fractured at a trackday. I rode it a few times here and there and I also let my friends whore it out while I was busy/hurt due to my generous nature, lol.

Initially, I thought the bike was A BEAST and was easily the fastest, sweetest, most responsive bike I'd ever ridden. The k5 isn't as hard on the eyes as I thought it'd be but I still intended to add a lttle flavor to the bike. Bone stock, the bike was as fast or faster than many of my friends who have worked up older 1k's, zx10's, r1's, etc but good googly moogly, after installing my full Titanium Arata system and power commander, the bike is just EVIL!!! I didn't use a custom map, but instead, had a Akrapovic Evo 2 map downloaded and it seems fine throughout the powerband! I didn't encounter any FI codes/lights and that was such a relief after hearing about so many pc's being effed up. The fit and finish of the system is simply BEAUTIFUL. I have the ti can on now due to an error in the order, but it will be replaced within a few days with the dry cf can that I ordered. The ti can flows with the lines of the bike but I still plan to knock a few inches off of the cf can once I receive it!

Along with the pipe and pc, I also have a clear zero gravity db screen, shogun bar ends, slider, swing arm spools ALL to go along with the best thing I've done to distinguish my bike from all the other k5's... I ordered a custom "tapeworks" type sticker kit in kawasaki green to replace all the stock red stuff and I can't tell u what a difference it makes as far as sex appeal! EVERYONE loves the bike with the sticker kit. I removed all of the red factory stickers and replaced them with the green and I also had a few extra green suzuki "S" to put over the "S" on both sides of the tank. I put a "S" on the fender, seat cowl, and tail section as well.

All in all, I think I'm done for now as far as upgrades go. The stock suspension feels wonderful on the streets but if I end up taking it to the track, I'll probably get the shock/forks done. I'll take a few pics this weekend if I have time.
did you say you have a evo 2 custom map? where did yo get this from and dynojet did not have them listed. some of us are looking to find a custom map for our akrapovic and of course the hard to find map of EVO 2 map. thanks for your help. i and others woulf definately want he evo 2 map for our evo 2 instaled bikes.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
i call him and he was willing to sent a couple of maps to me ! and i did mention what bike and pipe i got installed...thats pretty cool of him

i bought My R1 puig screen from him last year and he said he remebered it lol
i'l post up or email the maps if you guys are insteredsted.

thanks c annon for the heads up

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey, i have pics of my bike but nowhere to host... can u host em for me in return for the #? I know folks wanna see it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts