Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As my friends an I get older, they have all gone out to purchase $20K+ cruisers, however I refuse to do so. My dedication to the GSXR has me constently looking for innovative ideas to improve performance, cosmetics, and my GSXR's ego. I'm hear to support GSXR, gixxer.com, and the aftermarket parts that improve the quality of our bikes. Although I can't always afford some of the products I would like, we can all be thankful that people like those at gixxer.com are out there to help us. Just ask the guy who won the exhaust in the July giveaway. Even though I'm sure there are several candidates that deserve the slip-on in the August giveaway, I believe that my 01 GSXR 600 would be the most appreciative. With the recent addition of an undertail, flush mounts, frame sliders, etc. this could be the piece to set it off! Not to mention I'd like all my friends to miss the gixxers they had when mine looks and performs better than theirs ever did. Thanks for your consideration and keep up the great work!

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
K...you prolly know my sad story, about losing my bike...
I can't get another till I pay off some c.c.'s..In the meantime..I am going CRAZY...So I need the prizes to sell to get some $$$ to help my cause...you guys ever seen a grown man cry everyday..????? It's not a pretty sight..
So..pleeeeease...pick me..

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
This is prolly going to disqualify me, but man, that pipe has gotta be the ugliest thing out there. Definately stands out in a crowd tho'.

I could use the rear sets for trackdays, but I don't have a whiny story about why I should get them.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I think I should win because I've been trying to win for months almost years and I still have not rec'd a DAMN THING!!!

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
all i have to say is this - i did not join this online forum to win anything!
like over half of the people have (do you see all the member the x,xxx of them?)
I did not donate or purchace my R to be included into the drawings like 80 % had (yea flame me and i will make it my mission to dig your post up) if you did not then accept my big I AM SORRY FOR SAYING THAT, no go away your buggin

i came here and join and donated because there is some great information to be learn't and i have made soe great friends

the give aways are nice, but some times it really shows the greed

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Originally posted by Ytry2:
all i have to say is this - i did not join this online forum to win anything!
like over half of the people have (do you see all the member the x,xxx of them?)
I did not donate or purchace my R to be included into the drawings like 80 % had (yea flame me and i will make it my mission to dig your post up) if you did not then accept my big I AM SORRY FOR SAYING THAT, no go away your buggin

i came here and join and donated because there is some great information to be learn't and i have made some great friends

the give aways are nice, but some times it really shows the greed
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
oh, oh, pick me pick me, me, me ,me the rear sets would finish of my tricked out bike perfect, and enable my six foot two inch frame strech out some more!

did i forget to mention that i have never one anything before in a contest?

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
If I am chosen I will pay to have a "stock" vs "Boskov" dyno comparason so people can have a objective view of the slip on and it's performance and write a review

Plus I love things that are different or unusual and this qualifies totally
(I really can't use rearsets. My knees couldn't take it)

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Gixxer.com has become a daily activity of mine. To be familiar with names and places everyone is from is something only to be known by a community of online users such as us at Gixxer.com. I for one personally am thankful for the words of encouragment, the helping of others that have brought my bike to what it is now. Not that it is anything of awe or sorts, but it is mine and I love it. Riding a Suzuki GSX-R is exactly what I thought it would be...fun. But belonging to an Online community has had a benefit that money can't buy *although I did donate and more is on the way Mr. G*. But what has been gained from this board has been friendships that can't be bought. As well as the tons of information I have learned and have given in regards to fitness from me to others. So you see, although, I don't deserve this month's prize, I am wanting to express my SINCERE gratitude for the prize I have won from Gixxer.com/Hotbodiesracing and also for the confidence to contact my father of whom I have not spoken to since the age of 11. So thank you Mr. Gixxer, thank you Colorado Crew, Thank you on-line members of this board and thank you for giving me a place to be a part of a close knit group of people that care and enjoy a hobby that we can all love to have fun at, Riding.

I like those rear-sets..

·
Registered
311 Posts
Look at my mods...
I bought my gix about one year ago and this is all I have done to make this my dream bike,a D&D slip-on.The only mod I could afford,I am trying to keep my sanity by keeping my gixxer as my release of tension and frustation,but truthfully I can hardly make the payments anymore since I am the only source of income,My wife and I moved to the DC/Baltimore late last year so she could attend Howard University.She is a full time student in the Dental School Program no time for her to work a job so I am it!.Sometimes I think of selling her"the bike that is" but I know one day I will be able to take care of her like I should.I just really need to win something It would make me and my bike feel much better and know that in three more years when my wife is finished with school I can get some relief,
Broke a$$......

·
Registered
804 Posts
I would just like to win something, so i boost my confidence that has been shattered by Navy flight school..., it could be a new set of winshield bolts
, but those rearsets would be better....

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would love to have the QRacingSystems Rearsets for my '02 1k gixxer. I have a nice bike to display them on. I did all the modifications I could for free (Full suspension settings according to Performance Machines Magazine(and what a difference it made!),TRE, PAIR, Stock Exhaust can mod, Integrated rear brake lights, installed rear LEDs, Integrated the front turn signals into the headlights, Polished frame, Rearsets, and Rim lips) I can right now. I even made a TRE mod for a gentleman who is going to send me the stock midpipe for a 02 1k so I can fabricate my own highmount. I spent a few hours drawing the diagram for integrating the front turnsignals and making the headlights blink instead so others would easily be able to do it. I even painted my bike myself with a reversed pattern helmet to match. I will even display their logo on my bike so others will easily be able to see what type of rearsets I have. People are always looking at my bike, so it would really be great advertisement. If I am lucky enough to win, I will donate my polished stock rearsets to gixxer.com to pass on to someone who cannot spend the four hours it took me to polish them. I cannot afford a new set that is of such high quality for quite some time. I think this will give me such a better riding experience on an already great bike. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to express my enormous desire for these rearsets and have a great day.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
How do I get a Red R ???

And you KNOW I need those rearsets becuase as MR Gixxer can verify getting rearsets for our "Classic" modles is HARD!!... specially when your broke and live on the other side of the planet like me... *beg beg*

·
Registered
9 Posts
i want to win the prize because i need it to increase my bike's power. I have a very nice bike to put them on. Also i dont have any mods on my bike because i dont have any money. also if i win it i might sell it so i can get money to do other mods to my bike.
please let me win...... i havent been lucky so far

[ 08-08-2002, 04:27 PM: Message edited by: haynboy8 ]

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
i think i should win because im wearing my gixer.com tshirt right now
or because the wife wont let me spend any more money on my bike unless i man whore myself doing side work when i should be riding my bike. and when my gixxer.com hat gets here i'll have the hat, the shirt, the red "R" and my stickers that are on my bike and truck with some sweet rear sets on my bike courtesy of the best site on the WWW!!! please pick me Mr Clown please please please

·
Registered
9,829 Posts
I need the rearsets so my fellow riders(which happen to ride Hondas) will stop bugging me. I get teased all the time that my bike is a smurf bike with a gold wing windshield. I have a blue power bronze shield and have the gauge modification done to make it blue. i get non-stop teasing about how my bike is "blue" and is like a cruiser. they also make fun of me hanging out at gixxer.com all the time, yet when they ask me questions, i come here and get the answers and they are pleased. one of my buddies has a chromed and polished out and has a nice paint job....my other buddy has new exaust, rear section, rear sets, clip-ons and a few more toys. if i win the rear sets, it would help make my bike more of a "normal" bike in their mind and make it more race like(for the hopeful) for trackdays.

thank you

1 - 20 of 244 Posts