Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a K6 1000, and i've read about smog block off plates. first, are they worth it? and second, if i want to do the work myself, can someone show me a picture (or describe) where the ports are on the valve cover and where is the air injection system (you're sposed to remove it right?)?

second, this might be a bit more difficult, but i read about pair valve mod, i'm not entirely sure what that even means, but apparently you can remove the "pair valve" (what/where is that?), cap off reed pedal caps and run crankcase vent hose to air box.

both these mods might be too much for a newb to handle, but the weather is cold, and i'm not riding much now anyways, so if somone could describe the steps or show some pics/links of how to do that crap myself, i'd appreciate greatly!! i've looked at kws thread on this forum and couldn't find out steps, plus i've looked thru a K6 suzuki manual couldn't find what i was lookin for there.

·
Loves MASSIVE CASCADES of jizz on his face
5,361 Posts
tank34 said:
Not worth the trouble... You won't notice a difference.
+1 If anything, lack of the emissions crap makes a bike easier to wrench on.

·
Registered
181 Posts
as others here have said before, if you want every top end horsepower then you will want to do it, plus the bike will run a bit cooler. the plates are actually what you can use to blockl off the reeds. the cheap way is to get some rubber plugs and just cap the hose outlets on the covers. this is how joshi does it with their kit. you need three ruber vacuum caps, two for the head cover and one for the air box. also on the k6 unless you get a em pro or a resistor you will need to leave the solenoid plugged in in order to not get an fi light...

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
stealth said:
as others here have said before, if you want every top end horsepower then you will want to do it, plus the bike will run a bit cooler. the plates are actually what you can use to blockl off the reeds. the cheap way is to get some rubber plugs and just cap the hose outlets on the covers. this is how joshi does it with their kit. you need three ruber vacuum caps, two for the head cover and one for the air box. also on the k6 unless you get a em pro or a resistor you will need to leave the solenoid plugged in in order to not get an fi light...
thanks for the info yall, i realize it won't make MUCH of a difference, but i like messing w/ my bike. i'm new to actually working on a bike and just learning what all the parts are (i'm thinking the valves are just underneath the air intake box, right?)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.