Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm the 2nd owner of a '99 GSX-R 750 that I've had for about 4 months now. It was in need of some TLC when I got it but runs great now. Unfortunately the more I ride it, the more I want to ride it. That's bad because at 6'4" and 280lbs I'm just a bit larger than the average rider the bike was designed for. I also live just north of Houston, Texas so to get to the curvey roads you first have to endure a long, straight freeway ride.

Any suggestions for products that lower the pegs for more legroom? My 35" inseam gets a bit cramped after about 45 minutes in the saddle. I've also thought of raising the bars, but the stock ones don't seem too bad. No back problems, just stiff knees.

I'd appreciate any suggestions for mods that make it easier to tour on the bike.

Thanks!

·
I <3 Item 9
13,426 Posts
Here's my tip. I'm 6'2" and have had similar problems... I got extra long frame sliders for crash protection, and guess what, you can stick your legs out and rest the back of your calfs on the sliders kinda like freeway pegs on a harley.
Man was I happy when I figured that out :D

other than that I also raised the suspension a bit in the back and a tiny bit up front. Mainly for quicker dipping into turns, but it also makes you feel less like a giant when at the stop-lights.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
skidmark said:
Here's my tip. I'm 6'2" and have had similar problems... I got extra long frame sliders for crash protection, and guess what, you can stick your legs out and rest the back of your calfs on the sliders kinda like freeway pegs on a harley.
Man was I happy when I figured that out :D

other than that I also raised the suspension a bit in the back and a tiny bit up front. Mainly for quicker dipping into turns, but it also makes you feel less like a giant when at the stop-lights.
:lol I just mentally pictured a huge guy doing that on a sportbike. LOL

·
Registered
123 Posts
Rob00GT said:
I'm the 2nd owner of a '99 GSX-R 750 that I've had for about 4 months now. It was in need of some TLC when I got it but runs great now. Unfortunately the more I ride it, the more I want to ride it. That's bad because at 6'4" and 280lbs I'm just a bit larger than the average rider the bike was designed for. I also live just north of Houston, Texas so to get to the curvey roads you first have to endure a long, straight freeway ride.

Any suggestions for products that lower the pegs for more legroom? My 35" inseam gets a bit cramped after about 45 minutes in the saddle. I've also thought of raising the bars, but the stock ones don't seem too bad. No back problems, just stiff knees.

I'd appreciate any suggestions for mods that make it easier to tour on the bike.

Thanks!
there is a company that make a plate that you put between the rareset and the frame which allows you to move them up and back or down and back i have set on my bike right now and the do work wonders the go thing is you can make the adjustment with just 1 allen wrench a 10mm wrench check the engine mod post i think ther might be a pic there or i'll post one soon it basicaly a trapazoid shape with holes drilled in it and a longer shifter rod made a set my self before i found the better one on a site icant remeber

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.