Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at my 4000mile oil change and would like to if anyone is using the Mobil 1 MX4T 10W-40 motor oil? I am also wondering about the service manual and the fact that it says not to change the oil filter for 11,000miles. If I make the change to synthetic I will be changing my filter as well. Any information would be helpful.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I used Mobil 1 10W-30 motor oil and have nothing but posivtive things to say about it. I have a friend that used the MX4T and he also has noticed a difference. As far as the filter goes i have been taught to change the filter with every oil change. Think about it what good does it do to put clean oil in and then run that oil through a dirty filter. Change the filter.

·
Registered
396 Posts
you should change your oil at or before 3000 miles, not 11000...
and you should always change the oil filter when changing the oil.

lot's of opinions about when or if to go to synthetic or not...
I switched up years back, and now run moble 1 in all my motors.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
The owners manual says not to change the filter everytime you change the oil. I don't have it handy but it's something ilke after the first 2 changes, you need to periodically change the oil but not the filter until 11k miles.

I don't think this is a good idea, and I change my oil and filter about every 2k.

The mx4t is good oil from what I hear. But good luck finding it in a store. I was going to try it but after half a dozen places I gave up last time.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I used Mobil 1 10W-30 motor oil and have nothing but posivtive things to say about it. I have a friend that used the MX4T and he also has noticed a difference. As far as the filter goes i have been taught to change the filter with every oil change. Think about it what good does it do to put clean oil in and then run that oil through a dirty filter. Change the filter.
I just posted this in the 1000 forum but I will say it again. about six months ago a popular moto mag ( I believe it was motorcyclist but I am probably wrong) did a study on many different oils. syn, regular, car and motorcycle specific. mobil 1 super syn (car oil) came out on top by a long shot. i think the mx4t was like down in fourth or something. my advice is use the mobil 1 super syn. its easy to get not too expensive and a motorcycle mag said it was the best oil they tested in a bike. I may not have all the facts right so don't burn me if I am wrong but I have been using the supersyn for a long time and all good news here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I used MX4T 10W/40 in my previous R6 with very positive results, it really smoothed out the notchy gearbox that is inherant on the '99-'02 versions of that bike. You are correct about the Mobil 1 car oil with the Red Cap, I believe it is 15W/50 viscosity. It has been used by many and is cheaper, but when I hit the 4,000 mile mark on my '04 GSX-R 750 I will be sticking with the M/C specific Mobil 1.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.