Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,509 Posts
Shit. We used to have a member named Oldfart1 that was great at photoshop for these kinds of things... hopefully someone can fill his shoes.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Shit. We used to have a member named Oldfart1 that was great at photoshop for these kinds of things... hopefully someone can fill his shoes.
I'll text him,maybe he will make a cameo?? :lol

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,556 Posts
Gixan does that sort of thing. But it's time consuming. He may be annoyed for my mentioning it.

You need to learn how to take better pictures for that.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Gixan does that sort of thing. But it's time consuming. He may be annoyed for my mentioning it.

You need to learn how to take better pictures for that.
I'm not interested in photoshopping and photo quality is very limited on here due to the file size limit. im wanting to actually replace white sections with black sections. What are the fairings like on fleabay, do they fit up alright. Is there anywhere else where you can buy individual sections.

Cheers Tim

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
I'm not interested in photoshopping and photo quality is very limited on here due to the file size limit. im wanting to actually replace white sections with black sections. What are the fairings like on fleabay, do they fit up alright. Is there anywhere else where you can buy individual sections.

Cheers Tim
I planned on replacing a few fairing pieces on my black L3 with bits from the black L2 as a few bits were not black as they were on the L2 (I wanted everything blacked-out) ,it's straight forward as long as all the parts (your current bodywork&the new bodywork) are all OEM and from the same Gen. Don't mix&match with eBay chinese crap as you will have serious issues.
I sold my L3 before I got around to doing it,but it would have looked great.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Picked up a 2011 750 a couple months ago and was planning to replace all the white components (front lower fairing, maybe cowl and rear tail sections) with OEM stuff that I have been sourcing on Ebay.

Holding off at this time as I wanted to get the bike up and running mechanically before I spend bucks on the cosmetics later on. Initial tune up, changing all fluids, steel lines, sintered pads, levers, pegs and such have been done. Tuning up suspension is next. Hopefully, will get to the dirty and cracked plastics soon.

Good luck on your project. Have to agree that as long as you stay with OEM (new or used) stuff, you should be safe. Provide some photos when all is said and done.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Cheers Tim
I planned on replacing a few fairing pieces on my black L3 with bits from the black L2 as a few bits were not black as they were on the L2 (I wanted everything blacked-out) ,it's straight forward as long as all the parts (your current bodywork&the new bodywork) are all OEM and from the same Gen. Don't mix&match with eBay chinese crap as you will have serious issues.
I sold my L3 before I got around to doing it,but it would have looked great.
Yea I totally agree thats what i want to do to this i like the all black but I like the blue/black aswell and was wondering about the fitment of the ebay fairings the ones that I looked at on there they were all stating how amazing there fitment was with there replacement fairings, obviously not the case though ae.

Cheers Tim

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Blue - Black - Silver is what I am shooting for - kind of like an 07 750. Hoping that sourcing OEMs will make the Lego Project work out easier.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
Revster
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing