Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2002 GSXR 1000 and it was running perfectly fine today, even had a little fun with a corvette while running errands. I got stuck in traffic on the way home and the temps were unfortunately sitting around 218-220 for about 8 minutes or so. Once I got clear of the traffic I realized my bike sounded like a V-twin. I managed to get home and let it cool down so I could check the plugs and make sure there were no other noticeable issues like a sensor that got magically unplugged. After I checked everything I fired it up again and same story only when I rev it a little it looks like its spitting some fuel out of the exhaust. Any ideas where this misfire could be coming from?

The fuel pump was changed around 27k miles
The spark plugs were changed around 28k miles
There are just about 31k miles on it now

Im going to stop on the way home and grab another set of plugs just to try that out but I'm open to other thoughts.

Thanks,

Justin

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Those temps are fine, and most likely don't have anything to do with your issue.

Check the plugs before replacing them, no need to waste money if they are ok.

Are you seeing an "FI" light on the dash?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah C46 cause I have a full exhaust. Never had this problem before today and I've had that code since I got the bike.

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,152 Posts
Have you checked that C46 is still the only code you're getting? If more than one codes are thrown the ECU will still just blink "FI" on the dash, so you can't tell without switching to dealer mode.

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Yeah C46 cause I have a full exhaust. Never had this problem before today and I've had that code since I got the bike.
Pull the wire from the ecu so the c46 code goes away, and see if FI is still there, because like @dpapavas said, you could be throwing more than one code.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts