Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
I like the LP Formula Race Carbon. They have may styles just stay away from the fake Carbon Look stuff (looks cheesey) the FZF mirrors look ok as well kind of 916ish. As mine is currently a streetfighter I am running some small billet bar ends.
Bones

·
3,476 Posts
Anyone know of a smaller more stylish mirror that will bolt to a '88 1100? These mirrors look great on a '72 Camaro, but I have always thought them to be ugly on the Gix. Thanks all.

·
3,476 Posts
Anyone know if something stock off a newer bike will work?

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ragnar:
Anyone know if something stock off a newer bike will work?<hr></blockquote>

On your gixxer or on a camero?

·
3,476 Posts
This sucks
!! I'm gonna see if the '02 1000 mirrors will fit, they're cool enough.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Those mirrors are real nice in carbon. I have seen them in shop catalogues over here.
Has anyone tried them ?

I need to kow if they are OK and don't fold over 120mph

Thanks,
andy

·
Registered
148 Posts
damn it man! i just bought some mirrors from lockhart philips, and they are even bigger and more camero looking than the stock (89 750)mirrors.
plus, they gave me the wrong ones cause i had to flip em upside down and put them on the wrong side to get them to fit. looks ok but cant see shit behind me..

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
OK, they didn't exactly "bolt-on", and maybe some people will think they look silly... but I got a set of mirrors from EMGO that were meant for a Katana 750, and they are lighter, and wider apart (for better view) than the stock mirrors from my `89

It took a little bit of fiddling with a dremel tool, some all-thread, and some epoxy, but they fit well, and I can actually *see* what's behind me... believe it or not, I don't always ride the thing as if what's behind me is not important.

If anyone's interested, I can be more specific about how to do this mod.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Hey Andy,

Thanks for the heads-up... but your bike must have a different setup on the bars than mine does... if you look at the pic in my previous post, there's a 8mm allenhead bolt on each of the clip-on's where they bolt to the top triple-tree... the grommets underneath had rotted on mine too, and I just used some black RTV in there to make it more "solid" feeling (and stop the rattling). I don't think mine could come off there the way it's setup, but I agree that it's a silly way to put the thing together, and that's one of the things on my "wish list" to upgrade/fix. Next for me will be to get a jet-kit or some new carbs and get that all set up and tuned with my new pipe, and then I'm setting out to do something with the rear shock and spring (my shock is toast, and the spring is pretty weak too... I only weigh 150 lbs and the spring sags about 1 1/2" when I sit on the bike with the preload cranked all the way up). Is your handlebar mount the same as mine in that pic?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I fancy some smaller mirrors but extended ou to the same sort of distance as the ones that you have ' Fastcat'. Mine are crap and fold in at over 120-130mph.
By the way 'FC' I found a problem with mine over the winter when checking everything over......I found that those little rubber grommits are the ONLY thing that hold the bars onto the yokes !!!! I checked mine and one had rotted. This meant that the bar lifted off the yoke with almost no effort !!!! please check yours.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts