Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i can't make my uk-spec mirrors work!!! i can't figure it out... the few uk owners that i know have no complaints, but i can't see a damn thing out of mine! i don't know what's different between mine and a uk spec model that makes them angle inwards like they do right now... sigh.

besides the stupid stock oval mirrors i hate so much for this year of gixxer, what else will work? i found a set of gsxr750rr mirrors but the owner won't part with them for obvious reasons

ben

------------------
ben :)
http://www.geocities.com/bentang_00/gsxr.html

·
Registered
139 Posts
Well, I use a bar end mirror that is designed for bicycles...
Probably not the solution you are looking for, but it is a suggestion - I will admit to not being able to see more than car shapes and colours in it, but it is only on there for legality - never had any issues with cops, while using it.

Mark

------------------
1990 GSXR750, reasonably modded

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
To hell with the mirrors you don't need 'em,

I really have no suggestions, just becareful without your mirrors
Karl

------------------

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Ben, on my 93 I use FZR mirrors. The same company makes both. Don't know if this would trickle down to your '89. Just a thought.

------------------

·
Registered
139 Posts
Good idea bcjohn, but the liquid cooled GSXR's have different spacing on the bolts for the mirrors - I have a set of 93 GSXR750 mirrors, and the spacing is different than on my 91 bike.

Could just be that year, but I think the 88-91 use the same fairing cage.

mark

------------------
1990 GSXR750, reasonably modded

·
Registered
139 Posts
Wow, I did not realize that the mirrors mounted vert on ANY bike.

The 90 is horizontal for sure, as are the 93 's I have - just different spacing on the bolts.

·
Registered
139 Posts
My bad, when you said they mount vertically, I had envisioned the two bolts going in one under the other like a colon - :

You mean that the bolts go in vertically, rather than horizontally.

I have stock 90 mirrors I could part with - email me - [email protected] if interested

1 - 10 of 10 Posts