Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

What type of cleaner do you guys use to clean and will not scratch up your mirror type face shields? The over time, the Honda plastic cleaner leaves a cloudy film on the mirror type face shields. Thanks

·
Registered
538 Posts
i've always just used soapy water.. really no reason to use any solvent..

·
Registered
61 Posts
I use fantastic with the oxypower to clean my whole helmet + shield, makes her shine real pretty!

·
Registered
650 Posts
I use a sponge and dish soap, do not use the abrasive side of the sponge. And dry it with a soft towel.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I either use "Windex" or soap and water. Both clean it, but you will find something that you like, but others may not. Just make sure to use a soft cloth to clean/dry it with. Will leave scratches if not.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I tried everything and the only thing I found that worked with no downside at all is a spray from a company called California Optical. The stuff works great. seems like the more you used it the more effective it is.

No affiliation with company etc... the only place I found it was at my optician... he gave me a sample and said to try it.. works on all coatings etc for glasses.

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
I just use water and a couple of sheets of paper towels.

·
Registered
705 Posts
If you have a Shoei shield DO NOT use Plexus or Windex. Only use a mild soap and water with a soft, clean cloth. Don't use those two products on the helmet either, they will slowly turn the clear coat yellow due to the chemicals. Use Honda Pro cleaner on the helmet and soap and water on the shields (applies to all of them). If you want to really buff your helmet up find a product called Novus Plastic Polish, it comes in a set of three compounds which can be used to remove fine scratches and polish the helmet and most shields, only use the fine scratch remover on the regular shields, don't use any on the iridium shields.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts