Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
while i'm sure brett would be by far better for the vikings than the alternatives they have now, i doubt it would be the same brett favre. last year his arm gave out. i'm sure that he can still throw much better than any of us and a good chunk of the qb's out there, but look at the first 6 games of last year compared to the last 10 and you'll see the deterioration in his arm.

·
Premium Member
5,169 Posts
Vikings must be desperate. I think Jackson could be a solid QB with some more work.

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
I dont think anything will go farther then just talks for Favre, i think he's officially ready to retire.

And as for his arm, his arm wasnt deteriorating he actually had an injury that never surfaced or at least that i had heard about until just a few weeks back while i was reading something on him on NFL.com dont qoute me but i beleive it was something to do with his bicep

·
Banned
3,384 Posts
I will lose all respect for Favre if he comes out of retirement again. I realize he loves the game but cmon, if you say you're done go be a fucking broadcaster or something.

·
Premium Member
9,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its getting more realistic now, Childress and Favre are meeting this week, for SURE.

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
I will lose all respect for Favre if he comes out of retirement again. I realize he loves the game but cmon, if you say you're done go be a fucking broadcaster or something.
+100

If you say you're done, then be done. If you wanna play, stop saying you're done and play.:dissapointed

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
Well considering how its looking now I thik Childress is going to try and buy off on Farve the whole not having to pass as much in the run based offense which would limit his chance of injury or making bad decisions/throws.

How it would take 8 out of the box from AP if he was under snap instead of Jackson.

All im saying is he could come with a strong package to convince Farve. Farve for all we know could be done but when you have a salesman who could potentially sell a great offer to you then what?

I dont know fellas, the Viks could be real dangerous with Farve under center this yr but whether it happens or not neither you or I will know until you see that "NEWS FLASH".......... Farve signed to 1 yr deal to the Minnesota Vikings and play in the 2009 season

·
Premium Member
9,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
VERY possible now, if anyones been paying attention. He made a statement already, had the surgery, and says the Vikings are the team he is interested in.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I would love to see the Vikings get a good QB, I just don't think Farve is that Great anymore he led the league last year in interceptions. He's over the hill and needs to stay home. But I guess even at 40 he's better then Tavaris Jackson.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
As a Vikings fan, I GUESS I want Farve there. I just have a feeling the shitty Farve of late last season is the one that will show up. Is that still better than Jackson? :dunno Thank God for Adrian Peterson or there'd be no offense at all.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Thing about Favre being in Minnesota is that defenses will actually have to play him instead of AP. If he goes there, AP will have a much better season.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Assuming Favre performs better than Jackson...I'd love it if Favre signed on and played like the old Favre. Just not sure he's capable of that any more.

Peterson has racked up a lot of yards even with almost no passing threat. He has pretty much been their entire offense.

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
Irregardless of how he plays, opposing defenses will be more careful of him then Jackson.

MEANING that no matter how his arm performed it opens it up for AP to have a monster yr tearing defenses up worried about Farve.

All im saying is with Farve Defenses cant cover both him and AP, with Jackson, they defenses will be all up AP and Jackson's ass IMO

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
If Favre throws interceptions like he did last year, I'd rather they start Jackson. Teams that lose the turnover battle lose the game like 75% of the time. I don't care what the name on his jersey says, if he turns the ball over too much, he shouldn't be on the field.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts