Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A great game by both teams, SORT of. The Vikes completely embarrassed the Packers by sacking Rodgers like 7, or was it 8 times? 1 interception. But the Pack stayed in and tried to come back. Peterson was shut down, (actually BOTH run teams were shut down) but he did get a TD. Favre showed he has still got MAD skill. Look for an easy 5-0 next week when we play the Rams.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Great game, gotta love Brett he looked fantastic.

·
Premium Member
1,934 Posts
Favre goes into EPIC mode when he is playing on MNF. Always has.

Sucks since I could have used another TD from Aaron Rodgers to win a few of my fantasy matchups this week.

Green Bay needs to seriously work on getting their qb some protection from that O-line before he gets hurt.

·
Premium Member
9,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Favre goes into EPIC mode when he is playing on MNF. Always has.

Sucks since I could have used another TD from Aaron Rodgers to win a few of my fantasy matchups this week.

Green Bay needs to seriously work on getting their qb some protection from that O-line before he gets hurt.
Jared Allen had a hay day with him. But give credit where its due, our defensive line is outstanding, and Rodgers got sacked for a record amount of times in that game because of it:cheers

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
I'm a bit worried for AP as he came up limping on that play where they stripped the ball and wasn't quite right after that. In fact they only called his number a few times after that over the balance of the game.

·
Premium Member
9,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm a bit worried for AP as he came up limping on that play where they stripped the ball and wasn't quite right after that. In fact they only called his number a few times after that over the balance of the game.
Naw. Ive seen him do that in a number of games. He'll have a breakout game next week. He had the go ahead TD after the strip, and looked fine.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
Amazing how ALL of the talk/credit is about Favre. Even when AP could only muster up 55 rushing yds they still destroyed an otherwise decent Packer team and the reason is the defense. That defense is incredible and Jarrod Allen is a friggen beast.

·
Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance and
5,533 Posts
I didn't give all the credit to Favre, I just said that I hate him but he's been lookin good this season. Their O Line looks really good too and without that I don't think Favre would have made half the plays he has.

·
Premium Member
5,169 Posts
That's going to be the fall of the Vikings... Farve will eventually peter out as usual. Last year he had the Jets looking good, before they dropped 4 out of their last 5. AP will get back on track, but Farve will HAVE to make the D respect him. Packers played like shit got shit kicked and still made it a game. Any QB with 5 seconds to pass every pass play will make plays.

Defense is incredible? Rodgers threw the ball for almost 400 yards and 2 TDs... While Grant avg'd 4.6... Not impressive in my eyes. They have studs on D Line and Winfield. other than that heh...

Week 6

·
Premium Member
9,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Packers played like shit got shit kicked and still made it a game. Any QB with 5 seconds to pass every pass play will make plays.

Defense is incredible? Rodgers threw the ball for almost 400 yards and 2 TDs... While Grant avg'd 4.6... Not impressive in my eyes. They have studs on D Line and Winfield. other than that heh...

Week 6
How many total rushing yards did Grant have? Oh yeah. VERY little. You always seem to blame the other team when a team plays well. I noticed you did that with MN and Denver now. Its not that GB played like shit, its because the Vikings played well. If it isnt your team, they suck.:wacko So the Vikes go 4-0 and your STILL blaming all the wins on flaws from the other teams. Really. Like 7th grade all over again.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
That's going to be the fall of the Vikings... Farve will eventually peter out as usual. Last year he had the Jets looking good, before they dropped 4 out of their last 5. AP will get back on track, but Farve will HAVE to make the D respect him. Packers played like shit got shit kicked and still made it a game. Any QB with 5 seconds to pass every pass play will make plays.

Week 6
Save for the fact the Minnesota defense was #1 in rush defense for 2008, 2007 and 2006 so they're doing something right. Their secondary is improving and considering how underrated Aaron Rodgers is as a QB in the NFL even with that awful O line I would say they didn't do too bad.

·
5,533 Posts
Save for the fact the Minnesota defense was #1 in rush defense for 2008, 2007 and 2006 so they're doing something right. Their secondary is improving and considering how underrated Aaron Rodgers is as a QB in the NFL even with that awful O line I would say they didn't do too bad.
That was 2006, 7, and 8. Their defense is only 11th so far this year.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
23, 24, 13 & 20

Those are the point totals for the four games up to this point. I'd say the defense is doing just fine.

·
5,533 Posts
23, 24, 13 & 20

Those are the point totals for the four games up to this point. I'd say the defense is doing just fine.
80 points aint bad, but hell, even the 49ers are doing better than that :lol

Check the stats. 11th in the leage. 9th for rushing. They're not doing bad, but if credit should be given to one area (it shouldn't, as a team needs all parts cooperating in order to be good) it should be to their offense, mainly they're O Line. While their D isn't bad, it's not the reason they're winning.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts